• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Allen & Page Rabbit Natural Pellets

LeahsRabbits

Warren Scout
What does everyone think of this pellet?

I am currently feeding Burgess, but it's proving to have given one of my rabbit's a dirty bottom therefore i'd like to switch them to something else.

I've heard many good reviews about Allen & Page pellets, a local supplier stocks them (PetBarn in Cheshire) and i'm thinking of getting some from there.

Another option would be Supreme Science Selective, but it is slightly on the expensive side and i'm looking for something a bit more affordable!

What does everyone think of this pellet?

I am currently feeding Burgess, but it's proving to have given one of my rabbit's a dirty bottom therefore i'd like to switch them to something else.

I've heard many good reviews about Allen & Page pellets, a local supplier stocks them (PetBarn in Cheshire) and i'm thinking of getting some from there.

Another option would be Supreme Science Selective, but it is slightly on the expensive side and i'm looking for something a bit more affordable!

I've never used them, but if you live near The Range then Science Selective is usually on offer there! :wave:

Very high fibre, buns had excellent poops on it. Unfortunately some of my smaller buns who have a higher metabolism struggled to keep weight on with it, even though I hardly feed any pellets, so I had to change to SS.

Also it has a short shelf life so unless you have a local petshop who splits the big bags themselves you will probably find alot goes to waste.

Thank you Amy,

The high fibre content is definitely the thing i'm looking for the most - i've heard so many great reviews on A&P.

It's a shame they don't sell them in 10kg bags, but i'm sure I could find a way to keep them fresh.

I use these Allen & Page pellets... even Ruby, my bun with stasis problems, gets the nicest large golden poops.. every other pellet left her producing very small or very runny poops. I like that it has a prebiotic in it too! Also very cost effective with my 12 buns :D

For the couple I have that lose too much weight I add some Chudleys Rabbit Pellets (navy blue bag with dutch bunny on front) which look the same but they seem to help with keeping weight on :)

I use these Allen & Page pellets... even Ruby, my bun with stasis problems, gets the nicest large golden poops.. every other pellet left her producing very small or very runny poops. I like that it has a prebiotic in it too! Also very cost effective with my 12 buns

For the couple I have that lose too much weight I add some Chudleys Rabbit Pellets (navy blue bag with dutch bunny on front) which look the same but they seem to help with keeping weight on

Do your buns still keep a good weight using the A&P pellets? I'd hate mine to lose any with it. I am going to get some though some time this week and see how Blossom improves on them!

Brilliant fibre content although I agree it can be hard to keep weight on the rabbits using them. I'm using them at the moment as the supplier accidentally sent the natural instead of breeder and grower pellets (I prefer the breeder ones personally)

I've used Allen+page pellets for all my bunnies for 12 years and never had any problems with them

Hmm, my local supplier only stocks the normal ones. I don't want to be getting them if my buns are going to lose weight on them :(

They seem really good despite that though..

Hmm, my local supplier only stocks the normal ones. I don't want to be getting them if my buns are going to lose weight on them :(

They seem really good despite that though..

That's strange, I always thought the breeder grower was more popular. If you can offer them quite a lot of veg and give them more pellets than usual I wouldn't of thought it'd be that much of a problem

That's strange, I always thought the breeder grower was more popular. If you can offer them quite a lot of veg and give them more pellets than usual I wouldn't of thought it'd be that much of a problem

The regular ones are the only ones listed on their website .. I've never been to the actual place before though.

When I go (some time this week) .. If they have the breeder/grower ones , should I get those instead?

Are they still the same fibre content?

I use the breeder/grower for my frenchies (big buns) and they're good. I give them a mix of excel and A&P now though as I found with this batch of A&P they were losing a bit of coat condition (maybe slightly different content) and the added excel helped. But as with your buns too much excel gives mine sticky bum!

The regular ones are the only ones listed on their website .. I've never been to the actual place before though.

When I go (some time this week) .. If they have the breeder/grower ones , should I get those instead?

Are they still the same fibre content?

Breeder and Grower has 18% fibre, Natural has 23% and also has less fat and protein than Breeder and Grower. A lot of fibre can't be digested so passes straight through the rabbit, so obviously that's a high percentage of the pellet that's not going to help sustain weight, and then it's got a lower percentage of protein and fat too so yeah if you were to use them you'll probably have to give more pellets than usual. Baby was previously overweight and has been on the tiniest amount of the natural brand, minimal veg and unlimited hay and she doesn't seem to have lost much weight at all though, and in my trio two have lost a bit of weight and one has stayed the same so it's hard to say.

Not all of mine have lost weight and tbh it was more the lean ones that seem to have a faster metabolism that had the issue. I adopted a very overweight bun and gradually put her onto A&P and she lost her excess weight but didn't become thin, she was just right and has maintained weight well :)

I have never used the breeder & grower ones so can't really say much about them. I love the high fibre content of the Natural ones as i'm always paranoid about stasis, but if your bun eats lots of hay and only a small amount of pellets then I guess it doesn't really matter too much anyway :)

I have never used the breeder & grower ones so can't really say much about them. I love the high fibre content of the Natural ones as i'm always paranoid about stasis, but if your bun eats lots of hay and only a small amount of pellets then I guess it doesn't really matter too much anyway

Thank you, I probably will just get the regular ones as i'm also liking the high fibre content and i'm not one for liking sticky bottoms!

I'm hoping it will do the trick for him and that him and Leo like the pellets.

Back