• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Albert panting and not eating - advice please?

Vet just called to say that Albert is eating now and is perkier but they are keeping her in as they are concerned that she hasn't passed any poos.

They're going to call again this afternoon with an update.

*Fingers crossed*

Vet just called to say that Albert is eating now and is perkier but they are keeping her in as they are concerned that she hasn't passed any poos.

They're going to call again this afternoon with an update.

*Fingers crossed*

Its very good news to hear Albert is eating. I am sure she will manage to pass some poos later once the food works its way through. Thank goodness you knew how important it is for a Bun to keep eating and pooing. I wonder if Medivet will give you a discount on their exorbitant fees as you have effectively told the Vet what needs doing :roll:

Sending get well vibes to Albert

Janex

Thanks, Jane.

Called them again and they say she is being force-fed now as she hasn't passed any poo.

It looks like she'll be in for another night at this rate. As long as she gets better, that's fine by me. The vet I spoke to sounded more switched on than the one yesterday re the feeding.

Midnight seems OK but is looking around for her friend.
x

Albert ill - update

Oh, God.

What a time. Albert passed a few tiny poos last night but that was all, she won't eat. I can't easily give her meds as she is SO strong and struggles, and I'm alone most of the day. I'm working at home today so can keep an eye and take her to the vet for meds but what happens when I go to the office tomorrow? No one else can help me.

We brought her home from the hospital as she was extremely stressed there (on the vet's advice).

And she and Midnight are back to fighting, which means Midnight has to be caged. One night apart and we are back to square one bonding-wise. I asked to keep them together but obviously they couldn't due to having to check Albie was pooing.

I am at my wits' end.

Help:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm not familiar with the way vets work out there, but did they check his belly and rule out digestive signs? He's not pooing, after all.

Oh, God.

What a time. Albert passed a few tiny poos last night but that was all, she won't eat. I can't easily give her meds as she is SO strong and struggles, and I'm alone most of the day. I'm working at home today so can keep an eye and take her to the vet for meds but what happens when I go to the office tomorrow? No one else can help me.

We brought her home from the hospital as she was extremely stressed there (on the vet's advice).

And she and Midnight are back to fighting, which means Midnight has to be caged. One night apart and we are back to square one bonding-wise. I asked to keep them together but obviously they couldn't due to having to check Albie was pooing.

I am at my wits' end.

Help:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I will PM you my phone number

Janex

Update

It's day five now.

Albert is still at the vet's. She has a mass of something in her GI tract. Vet doesn't want to operate as it is so risky. She's been given loads of stuff to help her pass it.

It's such a worry. Midnight has been looking all over for Albert (even though they fought when Albie came back for one night).

Am keeping everything firmly crossed that Albert is better soon.

I hope Albert picks up today and starts producing lots of poo very soon.

I will certainly have them both back here to repair them for you, they are both lovely rabbits.

Lots of healing vibes are coming your way from all the buns here.

Back