• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A surprise new arrival today/ Fifi update p155

Looking forward to the promised photo treat. I'm out this afternoon, but will be sure to check later. :wave:

this is how she has spent most of the day and still no more poos :(

P1010804.jpg

Sending lots of pooing vibes. She does look very frightened but considering she's 6 and in a new enviroment (possibly for the first time in her life) i think it will take a few weeks to settle. My Lola took about 6 weeks to settle in here.

She's obviously been a very good girl because santa bought her the best gift of all, you and Steve :love: thank you for saving the life of another bun!

She's beautiful Liz xxx

Bless you and Steve for taking her in! Sending tons of pooing and nomming vibes - come on little girly........ :love:

Aaaw - poor, scared bunster. Do you think she would feel safer with an igloo or a box or something to hide in? She may have one - I couldn't see in the photo.

I know when I have rehomed very nervous animals they have felt more secure fully enclosed and have slowly ventured out in their own time.

She is so, so, lucky to have found you - I guess she doesn't realise it yet.

Sending her lots and lots of nom and poo vibes.

I have good news and bad, and the bad is a major worry :?

Between being cleaned out on Christmas eve morning and again on Christmas day morning she passed one tiny poo :( Later yesterday evening she pased a number of sticky black things that weren't really poo shaped at all and over night nothing :cry: However she continues to eat fairy well and is lively enough. I have no idea how she can be feeling so well in herself.

we are very concerned that there is a serious problem going on in her abdomen :? Our latest theory, although I really hope that we are wrong, is that the owner took her to another vet who said she needed treatment or tests that they were not willing to pay for so then made up some story and took her to our vet :? Its not something our vet would have picked up on straight away as if the owner doesn't tell the truth and she wasn't there long enough to be properly observed then she wouldn't know there was such a problem. Fifi is booked in Thursday morning for a proper check of her abdomen.

The good news is that her personality is starting to shine through :D On Christmas eve morning she was at the front of the cage waiting for me, and when she exercised she kept running over to me, but if I moved my hand she would run off, but then come straight back. Christmas day she ran over too me but this time stayed for head rubs:love::love: She absolutely loves the attention, its almost as if she has quickly worked ou in her head that we are kind people who will give her nice things. She genuinely seems like she is smiling. No binkies yet as she is a little weak in her back legs but there is definitely an extra spring in her step that wasn't there the first couple of days :D:D

Fifi letting me rub her head was the bets Christmas present ever :love: She definitely has a very special little personality that is slowly starting to shine :love::love:

Back