• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A and P pellets...pictures added

He was checked over by a vet last week and she gave him a clean bill of health :? The only thing that has changed is the food. Also its not just Radar, Ruby is looking leaner. I'm putting them back on P@H pellets to be see if there is any improvement:).

I'll weigh them both tomorrow and montior them.

Last edited:
Are you sure there is no underlying problem hon? Like Deelove said the pellets are only a top up so shouldn't really make that much difference to their condition? Mine are on A & P, but they get such a small amount I haven't noticed a difference (except in my bank balance!! :rolleyes: :lol: )

I agree. All mine are on A+P and I have not had a problem with anyBun losing condition :? They were on SS but 41 Buns on SS.............£££££££££££££ :shock:

It might just be the lighting in the piccie but his ears look a bit red to me :?
A low grade bacterial infection can present as just 'loss of condition'

Janex

Mine are on a&p if anything ive had to cut them down as they were all putting on weight:oops: there all ok now except shadow who is still quite plump!
Is he having a moult at the min? miffy is the only one of my rabbits that looses weight/body condition whens shes moulting it could be that?

My 3 are on A&P and they go nuts as soon as i go in the room and open the tub of them! They dont get very much.. only one handful between the 3 of them once a day. They used to have Excel, then SS, and then A&P.. they did at first appear not too fussed by it but when there wasnt much else they soon gobbled it up and now love it! None of them have shown any change in their condition... in fact i think they are all healthier on A&P due to the higher fibre in them ;) What else do you feed your giants? Mine get dried grass, hay and timothy or brome or oat hay too as well as veggies every evening;)

I changed Amber and Noel onto a&p a few weeks ago. I have now put them back on SS. The difference in weight and their coats are incredible.

Amber has gone down from 7.7 to 6.8kg
Noel was about 5.7ish and is just 5kg now :shock:
Noel has been ill, which is an exception but Amber has always been 'in perfect health' As she goes when Noel goes twice time a week. And Paula checked her as I was worried she had lost weight, Paula said change her back to ss. She noticed the difference in Amber straight away.
They to have gone very 'thin'
I personally dont like a&p for them.

Maybe its just a giant thing then? mine havent had any pellets for more than a week untill today i ran out:oops: none of them have lost any weight

I went from SS to A&P and then back again as they just don't seem to like it at all, plus for only 2 buns A&P goes off too quickly and I have to travel miles to buy it whereas SS I can get locally.

Helen x

i think bunnies arent as keen because A&P are the health food of the bunny world where the rest are like junk food... i know what i prefer eating ;)

looking at you pics with my inexperienced eye i would just put it down to moulting...

I agree. All mine are on A+P and I have not had a problem with anyBun losing condition They were on SS but 41 Buns on SS.............£££££££££££££

It might just be the lighting in the piccie but his ears look a bit red to me
A low grade bacterial infection can present as just 'loss of condition'

Yup, he was hot Jane :) Last night was really humid but hes back to normal (ears white/almost pink) this morning. I don't think he is ill. All yesterday they were free range in my back garden and he was binkying all over the place - more active in ages actually so he was probably overheating :roll::lol:

Is he having a moult at the min? miffy is the only one of my rabbits that looses weight/body condition whens shes moulting it could be that?

He IS moulting and its a really weird one. His fur has gone really sparse and patchy :?

My 3 are on A&P and they go nuts as soon as i go in the room and open the tub of them! They dont get very much.. only one handful between the 3 of them once a day. They used to have Excel, then SS, and then A&P.. they did at first appear not too fussed by it but when there wasnt much else they soon gobbled it up and now love it! None of them have shown any change in their condition... in fact i think they are all healthier on A&P due to the higher fibre in them What else do you feed your giants? Mine get dried grass, hay and timothy or brome or oat hay too as well as veggies every evening

My rabbits never really got excited about it either. They eat it because nothing else is on offer (pellet wise). I feed my giants exactly the same as my little ones they just have more: they are on the pellets, ad lib meadow hay, a pile of redigrass, and 2 or 3 large carrots or cabbage leaves etc in the evening. They get bananna as a treat every now and again.

Maybe I should try some Timothy hay added to their diet? :?

I changed Amber and Noel onto a&p a few weeks ago. I have now put them back on SS. The difference in weight and their coats are incredible.

Amber has gone down from 7.7 to 6.8kg
Noel was about 5.7ish and is just 5kg now
Noel has been ill, which is an exception but Amber has always been 'in perfect health' As she goes when Noel goes twice time a week. And Paula checked her as I was worried she had lost weight, Paula said change her back to ss. She noticed the difference in Amber straight away.
They to have gone very 'thin'
I personally dont like a&p for them.

Interesting. Thanks Amy. I too feel it may be the food. I am definitely changing them back as I'm definitely not happy with how they look now, especially Rade x How long was it before Amber looked better again?

looking at you pics with my inexperienced eye i would just put it down to moulting...

Could quite well be. I am very paranoid about my bunnies ! :oops:Thanks for commenting x

Last edited:
All my 12 are on A&P, some used tobe on excel and some on SS before. At first they didn't seem very fussed but now they go mad for it. With the exeption of our late Wellie (french lop) who didn't like it at all and would leave it so I changed him back to SS at the time. Now he's gone I'm trying to wean Daisy his wife on to A&P li the others but she def prefers SS. So she has a little sprinkle of each in the morning. The A&P does get eaten eventually but its the SS she goes really mad for.
All our others are great and very healthy on A&P but it does seem not to suit Daisy (dwarf lop) so well :?

My 2 have a&p and they are looking great on it. They have had it for nearly 2 years and I would say they have never looked better and they keep their weight on with it. Big thumbs up from me for a&p.

Back