• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 rabbits loose on Billinge Hill ! Can anyone help?

but if the bun is left there it will die so it would be better off living in a shed. Hope your husband can catch the bun and I hope the other 2 are ok aswell. x

This is a good point, domestic buns dont dig burrows so they wont have any real shelter or protection from predators, plus myxi season is coming up and I assume there are wild buns around. If by some miracle they survived until Autumn they would then die from being soaked constantly and the cold... Don't forget these rabbits aren't wild. And if you do manage to catch the others too they can be reunited.

6x8=48 the rwaf minimum is 44sqft, so that space should be fine, they have probably come from much much smaller. Remember you always have the option of rehoming if you don't feel up to keeping them.

This is a good point, domestic buns dont dig burrows so they wont have any real shelter or protection from predators, plus myxi season is coming up and I assume there are wild buns around. If by some miracle they survived until Autumn they would then die from being soaked constantly and the cold... Don't forget these rabbits aren't wild. And if you do manage to catch the others too they can be reunited.

6x8=48 the rwaf minimum is 44sqft, so that space should be fine, they have probably come from much much smaller. Remember you always have the option of rehoming if you don't feel up to keeping them.

Hi Nessar This was exactly what I said to hubby and eventually he agreed with me so plan is he's going to keep trying to catch it and then we'll decide what to do from there. I could advertise on RabbitRehome or keep it until a place at the rescue came available. He'll keep a look out for the other two aswel. I might not be able to keep it but the thought of them suffering is haunting me. There are houses nearby so I wonder if the owner maybe let's them out on purpose. We will check no one owns it before taking though x

Aw Leanne, I hope he can catch it.

This is how we started with bunnies, found one hopping around the road in the middle of the night. We caught her and the rest is history :roll:

If it helps, I have two empty pens here, so I could offer them a rescue space if you can catch them. I'm sure a bunrun could be sorted if there are no rescue places nearby. We got a bun from Liverpool to North Yorkshire recently. :)

Let me know if I can help. Hope you can catch them xx

Hi Nessar This was exactly what I said to hubby and eventually he agreed with me so plan is he's going to keep trying to catch it and then we'll decide what to do from there. I could advertise on RabbitRehome or keep it until a place at the rescue came available. He'll keep a look out for the other two aswel. I might not be able to keep it but the thought of them suffering is haunting me. There are houses nearby so I wonder if the owner maybe let's them out on purpose. We will check no one owns it before taking though x

You're doing the right thing. Worse case scenario, you have to keep them separate (say they are both sexes or fighting) and so in a smaller space for a while, it will only be temporary and they will be better off in the long run. Even the worst case scenario is do-able. I'm sure a rescue or a member/fosterer on here could take them if need be, people have pulled together for less urgent situations.

Honestly, if someone lets their rabbits run about on a hill all day where people walk their dogs, they dont deserve to have them. If they want them back they will report them missing, the rspca will let you know and then you can return their buns, but if not I wouldnt worry too much about it, just make sure you let the local rescues know you have them in case they have escaped from a loving owner.

Last edited:
Back