• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

24ft x 12ft free garden space UPDATE it's finished (well nearly!)

Jealous... doesn't... come...close :shock:

You wouldn't be jealous of me painting the trellis, I've been out there all day painting the inside of it and i've only got two panels done, it's sooooo fiddly, now thinking it would of been a lot smarter to leave natural, gotta finish now I've started though :roll:

Last edited:
The main structure is now finished :D

bb71009f.jpg

One of the pieces of trellis has made the gate

6f7604f3.jpg

Inside one end, there's two built in storage boxes that double as seats. The hen house you see is not staying it's too small as a hutch.

4fb3af43.jpg

The other end has a decked area, it's still a bit messy but you get the idea

f3f28602.jpg

Now we need to mesh the inside and the ground, lay some turf, put in a digging box and paint the whole thing. I am so excited I can't wait till the buns move in :D

Thank you x

I don't want people to think I'm showing off, I just want to show people that providing a large setup doesn't have to look ugly and take over the garden, it can be a feature :)

Nobody will think you are showing off! We are all probably just thinking we would be with a set up like that! :lol: It looks brilliant, cant wait to see the end result!

That is absoloutly AMAZING!!!!:shock::shock::shock::love::love::love:

Would there be any risk of the bunnies chewing on/through the trelis? Just a thought, because it looks really pretty, given me some ideas:p:love::love:

Would there be any risk of the bunnies chewing on/through the trelis? Just a thought, because it looks really pretty, given me some ideas:p:love::love:
This would be my only worry. My buns would almost definitely chew through and my girls have little heads that might get stuck.
You could always mesh the inside so that it would still look pretty from the outside :)

Looking amazing OP, I love the little benches you've made and it really does look stunning. I wanted to do something like this in our garden but it's against the rules! :(

That is absoloutly AMAZING!!!!:shock::shock::shock::love::love::love:

The inside of the trellis is going to be meshed, which you shouldn't really be able to see from the outside, I wanted quite large holes in the trellis so it was'nt dark and the bunnies could see out, the only option I could think of was to mesh, didn't want anyones head getting stuck!

Never min the buns, could I move in!

It is a seriously fantastic bunny empire. I wish you many happy hours of sitting with your rabbits out there.

Thanks for posting your pictures. I should be moving to a new house in a couple of weeks and have been trying to work out how to create an area we can share with the bunnies that looks a bit prettier than aviary panels. Your trellis makes a nice feature from the outside although I agree about the mesh on the inside as my bunnies would chew their way out in no time.

Look forward to seeing your finished area with the bunnies installed.

Back