• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

24ft x 12ft free garden space UPDATE it's finished (well nearly!)

Has anyone got any ideas for what I can put inside, it going to have half decking half grass and their hutch. Big but still a bit boring!

I need to add some fun stuff, but what? Thought of putting a tunnel under the grass but I'll never be able to catch Bea! What about a digging pit?

Any thoughts please :D

Oh my goodness....you have a Samoyed!!! *faints* :love::love::love::love:

The area looks great! What lucky buns!! I'd add a removable tunnel. You could put in a chair, so there's another level.

Yes I do :D. but he looks awful in that photo, he was in dire need of a bath and a brush, which he now has had, perhaps I'll put up a couple of piccies of him looking gorgeous :love:

Still gorgeous!! :love:

I might pick your brains about them at some point. When I move to the country I want nothing more than to have one. It'd be great to hear about them, first hand. :D (Pictures would be most welcome!! :love:

Moved on a bit today, getting excited now :D

078ddabf.jpg

092f4a66.jpg

Thinking of turning this area into a little sanctuary for both the buns and me somewhere I can go sit, be peaceful and relax.

Want to grow some edible fragrant flowers inside and now thinking how nice it would be to sit and listen to running water, could I install a small water feature that would double as the buns water source? Just a thought really :)

Thinking of turning this area into a little sanctuary for both the buns and me somewhere I can go sit, be peaceful and relax.

Want to grow some edible fragrant flowers inside and now thinking how nice it would be to sit and listen to running water, could I install a small water feature that would double as the buns water source? Just a thought really :)

Don't see why not so long as they don't widdle in it :)

looks lovely. could you put in a like a long trech sort of thing ontop of the decking. It would look like a long planter sort of thing made with the decking wood. Maybe fill it with soil or grass for them to dig and then maybe put decking on the top in the middle so you had a sort of bench to sit on. I know what i mean in my mind but it does sound right lol. Maybe you could even plant herbs and bunny gras for them to much on. My bunnies like sitting on things higher than the floor so they can look around.

it would sort of look like a wall made of decking wood but with seating areas and fun places for them to chill on.
Hope that makes sense

Would love an area this big for my frenchies they would love it

good luck

Thinking of putting a digging pit in to encourage them not to dig up their lawn area! Want it to make it quite deep and slightly lower than ground level to minimise mess, has anyone done this? Also is there a good alternative to regular soil, so they don't get so dirty?

looks lovely. could you put in a like a long trech sort of thing ontop of the decking. It would look like a long planter sort of thing made with the decking wood. Maybe fill it with soil or grass for them to dig and then maybe put decking on the top in the middle so you had a sort of bench to sit on. I know what i mean in my mind but it does sound right lol. Maybe you could even plant herbs and bunny gras for them to much on. My bunnies like sitting on things higher than the floor so they can look around.

it would sort of look like a wall made of decking wood but with seating areas and fun places for them to chill on.
Hope that makes sense

Would love an area this big for my frenchies they would love it

good luck

Good ideas thank you, we're going to build a bench thing with storage underneath so they have different levels and have bought some herbs and lavender for them too munch on, but I think they'll just eat them all in one go and the plants won't stand a chance!:roll:

I personally wouldn't have it as the bun's water source as the water is only passed through the system and quickly goes stale. In order to keep it clear and reduce algae growth, you generally have to put an additive in water features which wouldn't be good for the buns.

If I were you, I'd have a decorative water feature that they can't drink out of :D

Back