• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

18wk old female french lop bleeding

Jane thats what I thought. The vet said she couldn't feel any masses or anything:? She hasn't been spayed

Update

My vet as examined Izzy this morning and is speying her and going to have a good look round. Karen phoned me last night to say that Izzy was staying in the vets as then our vet could examine her as soon as she got in this morning and as told them that I am taking over Izzy's care and they should contact me;).
The laugh is that a nurse actually asked Karen if she had given her beetroot:shock: Karen said I think I know the difference between blood and beetroot:roll:, (I was fuming)

Will let you all know as soon as my vet as done the spay

My vet as examined Izzy this morning and is speying her and going to have a good look round. Karen phoned me last night to say that Izzy was staying in the vets as then our vet could examine her as soon as she got in this morning and as told them that I am taking over Izzy's care and they should contact me;).
The laugh is that a nurse actually asked Karen if she had given her beetroot:shock: Karen said I think I know the difference between blood and beetroot:roll:, (I was fuming)

Will let you all know as soon as my vet as done the spay

I hope the op' goes OK and that the poor Bun will soon be back with you.
Sending vibes :)

Janex

Hows she doing Kayj?
Just to let you know her sister Flopsey came through the GA and I can get her home later.
Now just have to hope she will be ok in the next few days as you know I lost one of my girlys not long after her spay so keep her in yours thoughts for a bit longer.I promise to call you if I get worried though. thanks for all your advise you are a star.I really hope flopseys sister will be ok.give her a big kiss from me.

Well what wierd one:roll: Caroline said everything is perfectly normal inside and there is no sign of anything at all. I think Caroline may have kicked some backsides as they have now told Karen that they won't let her come home because she hasn't eaten anything, so Karen said well I havetaken them before so why is now any different;). I have told them to tell them that she is only picking her up for me:D

she is absolutely fine, she justisn'tto pleased about being in the dog crate indoors, so Karen is going to move her back outside today:D

Back