• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

14 Rabbits left Behind by owner (UPDATE)

Update

Spoke to the RSPCA this morning who have managed to get all the rabbits contained into a neighbours garden and the neighbour is happy to look after them until the Inspector can hopefully see the owner who as abandoned them as he keeps coming to the house and removing items:roll: So hopefully they will be a prosecution also. The neighbour as been told that either way we will take them by the end of next week:D

If anyone's got a hutch or something spare I could take one in an emergency. I have a spare indoor cage if there's any little ones. I maybe could also get a small pen to attach it to. Let me know x

How sad :(

4 years ago some kids came to me as 3 bunnies had been left behind, the hutch was open, not sure if was left open or not and veg was thrown into garden, only it was all thick mud and the poor buns had gotton stuck in the mud trying to get the food, they were wet and filthy and skinny, one was long haired. I dug them out and brought them home and contacted rspca. I sat 5 hrs grooming the long haired one when rspca tunred up and i had only managed one side :shock: The rspca took them in.

An old neighbour used to have rabbits, was one of those phase things, no thought in it and she would forget about them so I would go out and feed and water them. They kept dieing and she kept replacing them :cry: In the end I just let rip and told her to pack the :censored: up and had a right go. I asked her why she wanted rabbits and she said cause there cute and admittidly said she forgets about them. I managed in the end to get her to give them up and got they rehomed. I think what it was, that i had a rabbit then and she was one of tese thats "aww look cute bun, lets get some" so she has to have the same :cry: Shame she didnt copy the standard of care I gave mine.

The Inspector is hoping to remove them on Friday so if anybody can help we would be really greatful:D

I have a spare double hutch / run.
May have 2 more free hutches by the weekend cos we have bought new ones.

I live quite far though dont i??

I'm going to start bonding Alexander and Cinders this afternoon so I'll have a spare hutch but I too am rather a long way from you.

ETA I'm 2hrs 40 mins away :?

Last edited:
apparently im 5 hours away :roll: I dont mind driving though but not for 10 hours! Maybe we could all work together some way??

Sorry can't help at this time - waiting to see what happens with Josephine Augustus. If he needs to be separated from the group I am stuffed as it is:oops:

Back