• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. T

Feed choice dilemma

Thanks Sooz, will do. Perhaps it's better to get small bags then and just be less economical? I get what you're saying, but surely to get the protein percentage up you have to feed more pellets, thereby incurring the possibility of them either being overweight or just eating less hay, which...
  2. T

Feed choice dilemma

Yeah, I can get A&P, but it's only got 12% protein which, I've been told, is fine for adults but far too little for juveniles :(
  3. T

Feed choice dilemma

Advice please (all I seem to be saying these days! :lol:) I'd like to choose a feed for both my bunnies which'll be optimum for them while they're so young. Saxon came to us on SS, so I'm seriously considering buying a much bigger bag than the one we were given by the rescue. Problem for me is...
  4. T

Fostering

Thanks for all the comments :D Much appreciated. Anyone know if the rescuers who post on here require fosterers often?
  5. T

Basil

Popcorn free Basil, sleep tight little one x
  6. T

Smokey

Poor Smokey, binky free little one x
  7. T

Baby Chin

I'm so sorry for your loss. Never gets any easier, does it? :cry: RIP little chin, sleep tight xx
  8. T

Fostering

This is just an idea, and I'd appreciate your opinions. Please don't flame me for it though :oops: We'd absolutely love to have more buns, but we really don't have the space to dedicate permanent housing at the moment. Two hoomans, two large dogs, two buns and three hutches (plus all this...
  9. T

bun all alone! - as promised photos

You know, it's really nice to see people on here who're realistic about genuinely worrying conditions. As I said before, I really commend everyone who's enthusiastic about rescue and welfare, but it really comes down to where to draw the line. Opinions on this thread are not black and white -...
  10. T

A Little worried....

Agreed. They also help cut down on the noise - they can be virtually sound proof at the bottom of the 'tank'. If it smelt, though, I'd be inclined to suggest the need to reposition the light or clean out more often. Thankfully the tanks at P@H near me seem to clean them out very frequently and...
  11. T

Worrying rabbit in P@H

Oh I know, but you know what I mean :D Some people think 'perfection' is the only thing to accept. And I must admit we did seriously consider getting him. Wouldn't be surprised if we do end up rehoming him if he's still there in a week (might take a bit of rejigging the house :oops: ). I know...
  12. T

Worrying rabbit in P@H

Hmmm, ok well I won't worry quite as much as my OH was when we were in there then :D But it's still not nice thinking he may be overlooked because he's 'not as cute' as the others :evil:
  13. T

Worrying rabbit in P@H

Was that the extent of Megan's ear flopping? The one at P@H had his 'problem' ear pretty much flat against the normal one - imagine a side ponytail from the '80s :D
  14. T

Worrying rabbit in P@H

Didn't look particularly young, I must admit. They had some really (too?) young dutches in with him but he was quite a lot bigger than Tank when we got him at 8 weeks, and he was even bigger than Tank now (3 months). Didn't look like a Frenchie though. I guess it's possible he was a cross...
  15. T

Worrying rabbit in P@H

Just got back from a quick trip to the local P@H on way home from work and obviously checked out the bunnies. They've got a medium-ish chinchilla lop in at the moment with what appeared to be malformed ears - both fell on one side of his head. The 'problem' ear had the ability to stand up, but...
  16. T

Myxi vac none given base of ear

If it were me I'd ask about current myxi administration procedures and see what they say. If they don't mention specifically the ear, you can ask them if that's still the practise. If it isn't, you shouldn't have much to worry about but you can always then say you've had a rabbit given the myxi...
  17. T

Bonding questions (sorry)

There'd be a chance if we weren't treating it with the most ridiculously vicious meds you can imagine. My vets had to order this specifically for us as apparently ringworm is really quite uncommon in rabbits (esp those who've caught it from other rabbits rather than dogs or cats) and the meds...
  18. T

Myxi vac none given base of ear

If it helps, my vet's very rabbit savvy and she put the last 10% at the scruff rather than the ear of Tank :D If you're unhappy or worried, could you call the rabbit savvy vet you know for advice?
  19. T

Thanks, both of you. Tank's plums are well and truly there and his amorous attentions to me are getting quite ridiculous. Mind you, the vet did say yesterday that if he wasn't being treated for ringworm she'd be happy to book him in there and then. He's not yet got the all-clear and quite...
  20. T

Oh no, I realise that, and I'll play a lot of it by ear. But obviously you guys have a ton more experience with bonding rabbits than I do (now, if it's dogs, I'm happy to be an on-forum expert :p) and the last thing I want to do is cause my babies problems. If leaving it until 6 months to spay...
Back