• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. C

Bear - Low Temperature / Stasis (again)

Hello all, Unfortunately Bear is back in the vets. He's a very sensitive boy it seems. He had stopped eating for a few hours and looked very unhappy in the hutch. Took him to the vets, Temp was 35.8c, gut was quiet. Apparently he had a small cut in his mouth where it looked like he bit it...
  2. C

Spurs diet

Hi all, I took the rabbits in for their annual vaccinations a week or so ago and the vet noted some spurs on Bears teeth. Weirdly he had an operation to file them down earlier in 2022 so I was surprised to hear this... Anyway, his diet is currently: - Fresh stalky Timothy Hay - he eats loads...
  3. C

Bear - Low Temperature / Stasis

Hello all, Bear is back in the vets today, was lethargic and not eating this morning. Tests show low temperature (c. 35.4) & appears to have a slower than expected heart rate. I am unsure of the cause. Vets are giving him metacam, syringe feed/fluids & trying to bring his temperature up...
  4. C

Forecast hot weather - Outdoor rabbits

Hi all, The rabbits are currently based outside and the forecast for Mon-Tue is showing highs of 34c, We have plenty of measures in place: - Tiles in shade for them to lie on - Shaded hutch - CoolPod from Snugglesafe - Cool water - Can spray them occasionally to mist their ears and cool them...
  5. C

Rabbit Limping - Front paw

Cam has developed a limp, seemingly out of nowhere. She can put some weight on it and is eating. She has flopped a few times onto her back which might be a lack of balance, as it is something she doesn't usually do. She's hard to get close to / handle so haven't been able to check her nails...
  6. C

Something is awry... Vet visited, not much changing! Stasis - maybe?

Hello all, Back again with a poorly bun! Bear: Noticed he was a bit "off" on Monday He is eating very little - dried leaves, some treats (very few though), paper and some banana. Isn't eating anything that we want him to eat. Lethargic, not moving around as much. I don't think he is pooing...
  7. C

Stasis...

Rabbits currently at the vets having not eaten for c. 9hrs yesterday, Vets can't get a drip on her or feed her by syringe because she's an absolute nightmare with people (we can only touch or stroke when she's being fed... we have odd rabbits), they are giving her pain relief & some meds to...
  8. C

Rabbit not eating / shaky this morning

Hi all, Our rabbit Bear was lying down, paws in front of him, shaking this morning. He looked a bit grumpy, but that's not massively unusual. He wouldn't come down from the top of the hutch to the run area, or eat. He did hop away when offered food so appears mobile at least, when he's had...
  9. C

Having a BBQ... How to keep the rabbits happy?

Hi all, Having a BBQ tonight, hoping it won't be too Smoky - but obviously it may be. What's the best way to keep the rabbits happy? I am thinking of putting a curtain round the run to stop any of the "bad" air getting in, but also, as most of the smoke/heat rises hope it won't cause too many...
  10. C

Fly strike - how to prevent?

Hi all, My rabbits Cam & Bear absolutely despise being picked up and will kick excessively until they are put down, therefore checking their bum for fly strike is difficult. We clean the hutch/litter trays regularly in a bid to prevent it, but Cam especially seems to lack the ability to clean...
  11. C

Bear is at the vets tonight...

Bear hasn't eaten for about 6 hours now and has not been very active so we've taken him to the vets near us. They've done a physical examination and found nothing wrong with him, other than some concaved back teeth (that don't appear to hurt the tongue). He has had all the necessary jabs etc...
  12. C

Two bunnies... Two problems...

Hi all, Cam - Appears to have a bit of matted fur around her rear end. Should be fixed by clipping I assume? This came on over night. More worryingly, bear has stopped eating. He won't take pellets or food from us. Think we're going to phone to vets now to try and get him fixed. There's a...
  13. C

Need to order hay... In bulk... Where?

Hey, Timothy hay is closed over Xmas and we need to order another bulk load. Where is best as we usually go there? Thanks
  14. C

Wood... and where to buy it?

Hey, I am looking to spend my day off work tomorrow getting crafty and making the rabbits a little house to go in their run. As the winter approaches I think it'd be a good place for them to snooze...! My questions... What wood to buy & where would you recommend getting it? How would you fix...
  15. C

Normal wee?

https://ibb.co/e7n40m https://ibb.co/nLqP0m Just wondering if there's anything wrong with this wee...? It's a bit darker than usual, but think it's still normal?
  16. C

Bigger than big hutch cover...

Hey Cam and bear live a privileged life in their giant hutch. Unfortunately this means we are struggling to find a cover that would fit the hutch. We've currently tied plastic sheeting to the hutch/run which provides rain protection but still gets a bit blowy in the wind and offers little...
  17. C

Blood on Bears paws

Just popped out to see the rabbits and noticed blood on Bears front paw, and a tiny bit on his back paw. There isn't much but he's white so it stands out... We've had a good look at him and can't see where it's come from on either rabbit. Does anyone know a potential cause...? Thanks!
  18. C

Neighbours having an extension...

Hi all, My next door neighbour has just submitted a planning application to have an extension in their back garden. Itll be a conservatory type thing (orangery I thinks the technical term) and the building work will be directly behind the fence which the rabbits are situated. So... What do we...
  19. C

Potential skin issue?

Hi all, We have had Cam and Bear for two months now... they are settling in well! We're finally getting to stroke Cam without her running away and Bear is slowly coming round to this too. I have noticed a bit of missing fur on Cams ear today, wondering if this is a problem/worthy of a call or...
  20. C

Checking bottom...

Hey, A few weeks into rabbit ownership now. All going swimmingly! I read a lot about checking a rabbits bottom twice a day for fly strike/other potential issues (this has been triggered by me seeing hundreds of those green bottle flies round my bin). Both rabbits absolutely hate being picked...
Back