• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. rosaleen

Panacur oral suspension. which dosage?

I’ve been advised to use the panacur oral suspension rather than the paste so as to administer a more accurate dose for a rabbit’s weight. But the information leaflet seems to give a range of doses for different animals. which is the right dosage recommendation for a rabbit please? Thanks.
  2. rosaleen

Cecothrophs pellets and greens questions rabbits

Hi I’ve kept rabbits for a few years So oI know some things but not others. A week ago I adopted two sisters, 7 and half years old. . They’re mini or dwarf lops, total weight 3.1k. Between them they have 18grams of pellets spread through the day, based on 6grams per kilo. i soak the...
  3. rosaleen

Panacur needed? Yes or no.

Background Hi, Ive just adopted 2 mini lops, sisters, both 7 and half years old. Their previous owner who has had them since they were kittens is moving abroad. They are house rabbits. They’ve never had panacur before. The previous vet records show that February 22 one rabbit, Cole‘s left eye...
  4. rosaleen

Feeding bunny with sticky poops

Hi, I’ve used the forum extensively the past few weeks for info to help my rabbit bebe. she is is 13 and a half with a recent onset of partial hind leg paralysis. She eats and drink well and is alert. I’ve startEd doing a 28 day course of panacur though she had the same course in September...
  5. rosaleen

Bonding How do I move a new pair from neutral area

How do I move two newly bonding rabbits for, confined neutral space in bedroom to larger living room
  6. rosaleen

Drinking water

My rabbit BeBe seems to have a strange habit drinking water,he will sip/drink out of the bowl, then what appears to be, judging by his lip and jaw movements, he’ll munch or chew it for up to 10 seconds before having another drink I’m puzzled
  7. rosaleen

Test post

Just to make sure ....
  8. rosaleen

Best hay ‘dispenser’ for house rabbits?

Hi, I have two free range house rabbits and normally dispense hay a big handful at a time onto their litter trays throughout the day. However I may need to be away for a few days and rely on a friend for a once a day visit to feed and water them and my cat. I wonder how can I supply a day’s...
  9. rosaleen

E. Cuniculi for 28 days done. What next?

Test post
  10. rosaleen

Post check (still problems )

Checking again post are going in. Logging on problems
  11. rosaleen

Test post

Hi just checking I CAN post, had LOTS of problems.....
  12. rosaleen

Rice powder in baby food OK?

Hi:wave: I've started Harriet on metacam for her arthritis. I've read somewhere on here previously that babyfood is a good idea for helping to administer meds. I seem to remember a particular brand was recommended but can't find it on the posts now. Looking at the ingredients on various baby...
  13. rosaleen

Which is a good hand held cordless hoover

Hi, :wave: my two free range house rabbits have started to poop quite a lot away from their trays in my living room,:roll: which is fine.However it means I drag out the hoover each day to clear it up.:roll: Any recommendations for a light weight(I have arthritis in my hands) hand held, not too...
  14. rosaleen

Pyracantha poisonous or not?

Hi, I have been giving pyracantha to my rabbits for quite some time i.e. years. I ALWAYS check on the net that any new food introduced is safe. However, after someone noted that this shrub is fatal for humans I did a recheck and could not find the site where I originally found the info. I...
  15. rosaleen

Claw clipping by one person a gentle way

Hello:wave: I hope someone can help me. One of my two rabbits needs her claws cutting. (Her mate. a much calmer and humanised bunny had his done when visiting the vet for gut stasis.) She came from a rescue centre and has always been very nervous. She's better than she was and will now allow...
  16. rosaleen

Brambles for winter food storing freezing

Hi:wave: Having read the benefits of brambles on here I now feed them each day to my two. They'd both had multiple episodes of gut stasis and I think /hope supplying brambles is one of the reasons for their current good health.:D I understand that brambles die back in the winter. My question...
  17. rosaleen

Infacol what is the correct dosage?

:wave: Please see my other post from today, but Ijust wanted to be sure other members will see my question and be able to give me an answer. Harriet 's weight is 242g, which I think is 2kilos 42 grams? ; sounds about right. Big thanks.:love:
  18. rosaleen

Infusers for rabbits do they work?

Hello :wave: I hope someone has experience of these. My vet has recommended using an infuser to help calm my 2 house rabbits.My neutered/castrated buck BeBe does try to mount my doe Harriet, it happens this time of year. She usually ends up retreating under the low sofa. He'll follow her but...
  19. rosaleen

gut stasis

hi :wave: I really hope you can help me. I'e just read some posts from 2009 and 2010 from members who took on medicating their rabbits which had sporadic gut stasis problems. One, without a consultation with their vet and 1 ringing the vet and being advised that he/she trusted the...
  20. rosaleen

Rabbits and cardboard

Hi, Ive read that cardboard boxes can be given rabbits to chew. But just how much is OK? I have two rabbits who have an unlimited supply of hay, but currently one seems to much prefer the cardboard box that's also available. The (large) box has almost disappeared!
Back