• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Jamie

bonding advise please

Hi, I was looking for some advise with bonding a male and female, both neutered. They both recently lost their partners also. Things seem to be going well and have had a little nibble on hay and a treat whilst together. The female rabbit has started grooming the male but he hasn't...
  2. Jamie

help! rabbits bond is broken

Hi, My 2 rabbits have been bonded for about 2.5 years. One had to go to the vet and stay over night to be treated for statistical. His wifey bun was unable to stay with him. The day he came home they have started fighting. I have put them in small pens next to each to try and get them used...
  3. Jamie

Happy 1st Gotcha Day Teddy!!!

I cant believe its been a year since she came to live with me! The first time i saw her, when she was meant to be a boy! [/IMG] When we got her home we decided to weigh her as she was so tiny, she fell asleep in the scales bowl. [/IMG] Then her ears began to grow........ [/IMG] and grow...
  4. Jamie

A few pics of my Buns

Thought it was about time to post some pics! no better time then when i am bored at work!! They are all quite old pics but just thought i would see if i could do it. they are quite big but couldnt work out how to make them smaller!! Dudley: Teddy: Twix: [
  5. Jamie

Vibes for Dudley Please - update post19

Please can i have all the vibes you can spare for my little man. This morning he didnt run over to me like he does everyday and let me pick him up with a fight. He has just been sat looking said in the same spot. he is of to the vets at 9.15. AM so worried, i dont know what i will do if...
  6. Jamie

gut blockage advice and vibes please

Hi, My mums bun hamish has a blockage and I was wondering if there is anything we can do to try and loosen it for him? He has been to the vets and had a gut stimulant and pain relief today. He is pooing but very little. We have been advised to syringe fluids into him as the vets feels the...
  7. Jamie

vibes for teddy and dudley please.update post 8

Please can I have vibes foe my bonded pair. They are off their pellets, eating very little hay and select veg. Dudley has tiny poos and Teddy's have done from being sample to being soft and sticky.they are quiet and don't want to cone out to play. They are off to the vets this morning with my...
  8. Jamie

excessive drinking

I just wondered how much water a rabbit should be drinking and when does drinking lots become a problem? thanks
  9. Jamie

Advise needed - bonded buns chasing

Hi, I recently tried to bond my single female with my bonded pair but at the weekend the two girls had a big of a scuffle in the bath which resulted in lots of fur flying and my mum getting bitten!! The two girls now go for each other through the cage bars if they are free ranging. I have put...
  10. Jamie

bunnies no longer wanted

Hi, I am not sure where to post this but am looking for a bit advice. Last night my nail lady asked me if I knew anyone that wanted two rabbits. Her sister is looking to get rid of their two Netherland dwarfs as her 13 year old son doesn't want to look after them anymore. I can't take them as...
  11. Jamie

just wondered....

Not sure who posted about their bunny who had got out the hutch and they were trying to catch her as she had babies in the hutch. Just wondered if the bunny ever came back? I couldn't find the thread to check. Thanks X
  12. Jamie

bonding query - unsure on behaviour - Update

Hi, I am trying to bond a trio, 2 girls and 1 boy, all neutered. Dudley and teddy are already bonded and I want to add twix. I have put them in cages to get used to each other and then decided to place them in a neutral area. All went well at first. Teddy was grooming twix straight away and...
  13. Jamie

tooth advice needed

Hi, I was hoping for a little advice regarding my bun Teddy. I took her to the vets on Saturday and she had her teeth checked. The vet said one side is perfect but on the other side the tooth is wearing down unevenly . She said it's nothing to worry about yet but I need to encourage her to eat...
  14. Jamie

best litter??

I currently use a wood based cat litter in my rabbits litter trays. This is fine for my single bun but doesn't seem to cover the smell for my pair. I am having to replace all the litter nearly every day. Does anyone have any idea for what I could use as an alternative?
  15. Jamie

British and Continential giants

I was just wondering if they are the same breed or if they are different? if so what are the differences betwen them? thanks xx
  16. Jamie

Post spay not eating. U/D yay eating!

Teddy at her op thi afternoon but still hasn't eaten. She has had very little water. She has weed and done a few poos. Is there anything I can do. Am so worried. X Teddy went back to the vet this morning. She was given some more pain relief and gut stimulant. She had some recovery mix then...
  17. Jamie

Spaying vibes please

Teddy is going to the vets tomorrow to be spayed if she is healthy. After losing Stanley at the vets in January I am very nervous!! X
  18. Jamie

Burrowing doe

Teddy is obsessed with burrowing on me and my bed. I can't get her to stop. Is this hormones that will die down once she is neutered or is she just a monkey? X
  19. Jamie

Do buns have to be neutered before bonding?

I have a female bun that is about 24 weeks old and unneutered and an adult boy that was neutered over a year ago so there is no risk of pregnancy. Can I start bonding before the girl is neutered or can this cause problems? X
  20. Jamie

Volunteer work

I am moving back to surrey at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone knows of any rabbit rescues down that way where I could volunteer? X
Back