• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Burrowing doe

Jamie

Warren Scout
Teddy is obsessed with burrowing on me and my bed. I can't get her to stop. Is this hormones that will die down once she is neutered or is she just a monkey? X

Neutering may help, so might drawing her attention elsewhere, a digging box for instance. :) digging is a natural behaviour so don't feel the need to eliminate it, just direct it somewhere else.

i kinda had the same problem but this time they dig in my garden :) i think i know why mine done that i think is because i give them a bit too much freedom and not enough training like i know with rabbits they learn by repetition of what i have read on the internet but i am going to get chicken wire to put at the bottom of the run :) i hope yours get better soon, are your spreyed/nurtured? mine going to be spreyed on friday :)

Neutering should help even eliminate it altogether. I have a few neutered does that never dig. They lose all interest in it.

I've a little digger at the moment and she has been speyed. I just annoy her by filling her holes back in. She loves digging in the middle of the lawn :roll:
one of my bridge buns dug a burrow that extended 6ft under the lawn. I left her to it as it kept her busy and she always came in at bedtime. It stayed that way until i fell down it one day and caved the roof in :lol:

I've a little digger at the moment and she has been speyed. I just annoy her by filling her holes back in. She loves digging in the middle of the lawn :roll:
one of my bridge buns dug a burrow that extended 6ft under the lawn. I left her to it as it kept her busy and she always came in at bedtime. It stayed that way until i fell down it one day and caved the roof in :lol:

Ha ha! The annoying thing with Teddy is that she doesn't burrow when I put her outside, just when she is on me or the bed!! I am just wearing more old clothes do she burrow on me and not hurt me!! X

Back