• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Nikki26

Introducing Ted & Betty

I thought it was time to introduce Ted & Betty. I have had Ted about 7 years now and he lost his partner a few months ago. Thankfully, despite having to bond them while 7 months pregnant, bonding was successful and they are happy together. I think they make a good match - their markings are...
  2. Nikki26

Bonding help please - happy update

Following on from my last post about not being able to find a girlie rabbit for Ted, I picked one up from a local rescue this morning and am now really doubting myself about bonding. I have them set up in two small pens next to each other and have left them all day. The new girl is very active...
  3. Nikki26

I can’t find a single female!

After losing my 12 year old girl on Wednesday, I am trying to find a new friend for Ted, my 7 year old male. None of my local rescues seem to have single girls in, although there are lots of boys. It’s so dad seeing Ted on his own as he is a real rabbits rabbit and needs a girl to snuggle up to...
  4. Nikki26

Wish list for outdoor rabbit shed & run

Hi All, I’ve just bought a new house and am in the process of planning out the rabbit accommodation. They are currently in my parents garden in a 10x10 shed with attached aviary but it is all quite old now so wouldn’t be able to be moved. So I am starting from scratch again. My new neighbour...
  5. Nikki26

Ted is NOT in the middle!!

I just had to capture this to prove that Ted doesn’t always have to be in the middle Oh, hold on... Some futile resistance from Maddie & Ned And he’s back where he thinks he belongs!
  6. Nikki26

Bunny renovations

Hi All, My rabbits live in a 10x10 cabin which my dad and I spent the last few days renovating. I used to have two pairs of rabbits in there so there was a divider across the shed keeping them separate. The floor of the shed had started to go rotten and so we needed to replace the floor which...
  7. Nikki26

Guinea pig abscess

Hi all, I know some of you have guinea pigs as well as rabbits so I am hoping that someone has some advice on abscesses. I found a golf ball sized lump under his chin last night so think he has an abscess. Took him to my vets this morning (My normal vet wasn’t there so I saw a locum) and she...
  8. Nikki26

Ted being Ted!

I haven’t tried to upload a video on here before so am not sure if this will work but this video really makes me laugh as it sums Ted up perfectly!! In case the video doesn’t work, this is a highlight...
  9. Nikki26

New Pigs On The Block

After losing my beautiful Rosie while I was on holiday, I was left with a very lonely ‘Ugo... So off we went on Friday evening to go piggy dating. ‘Ugo decided that he was too much pig for just one lady and so we came home with two beautiful girls. Wilma And Xena ‘Ugo is in his element...
  10. Nikki26

Piggies Posing - Sleep Tight Rosie

Hello RU! We is off on holiday today as our Mum said she is getting on an aeroplane. We are ever so excited and are sitting here patiently waiting for our taxi to arrive!
  11. Nikki26

Hey RU.....

BOO!!!!! :shock: Did we make you jump??
  12. Nikki26

Ted In The Middle

As always!! He’s so funny but I don’t think Maddie & Ned mind having him squidged in the middle!!
  13. Nikki26

When you desperately want to be in the middle....

...but they just won’t let you! Shortly after I took the pictures, Ted finally wiggled his way back into his rightful place in the middle of Maddie and Ned!
  14. Nikki26

My trio - Maddie, Ned & Ted

I bonded them together into a trio at the start of June and they never fail to make me smile. Ted manages to get in the middle every time!!
  15. Nikki26

I need to distract myself...

Hi all, I need to distract myself at the moment as the mum I am fostering is att he vets for her slay and I am waiting for the phone call from the vets. So I thought I would pop up a few pictures of the photo shoot we had last night. These are the babies I have had since they were 9 days old...
  16. Nikki26

Bonding a trio - a success!!

Hi All, I have had two pairs of rabbits until a fortnight ago when we sadly lost my old girl Frankie. This has left me with Maddie & Ned, 7 year old brother and sister, and Ted, a three year old who is on his own. I need to try and reduce my numbers so want to try them as a trio if at all...
  17. Nikki26

New foster buns - no pregancy vibes needed!!

Hi everyone, I thought you might all like to see some pictures of my new foster rabbits. I picked them up on Wednesday and they are just gorgeous! I have mummy bun and 3 kits who are about 10 days old. They have come from a horrible situation but have settled in well so far. Please excuse the...
  18. Nikki26

Rabbit has lost her claw

Hi all, My 8 year old rabbit, Frankie, has just lost one of her front claws. I have stopped the bleeding with some cornflour & have given her a bit of metacam but is there anything else I should do? I'm keeping a close eye on her but have left her in peace & quiet at the moment. She's not...
  19. Nikki26

Difference between stasis and bloat?

Hi, My rabbit Ned is not feeling too well tonight. He is refusing food and had some pain relief about 30 minutes ago. When I first picked him up, his stomach felt really hard but softened up once I started massaging it. If it was bloat, am I right in thinking that it would stay distended? He...
  20. Nikki26

Can I have some vibes for Frankie please?

Have just got back from the emergency vets as Frankie didn't eat her dinner and was sat hunched up. The vet couldn't feel any blockages and could hear some gut sounds so I'm not sure what's going on :( She was fine this afternoon. Frankie has had pain relief and gut stimulant so I'm hoping...
Back