• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Nikki26

Introducing Ted & Betty

No, Ted is the lion head. I would do a face on shot but he’s having issues with his eyes at the moment so isn’t looking his best!
  2. Nikki26

Introducing Ted & Betty

I thought it was time to introduce Ted & Betty. I have had Ted about 7 years now and he lost his partner a few months ago. Thankfully, despite having to bond them while 7 months pregnant, bonding was successful and they are happy together. I think they make a good match - their markings are...
  3. Nikki26

Bonding help please - happy update

So everything has gone really well between Ted and Betty. I moved them out to a pen within the rabbit shed on Sunday and decided today to let them have the ground floor and all has gone well. There has been a small bit of chasing but no aggression in it and we have spied on them grooming each...
  4. Nikki26

Thank you both. Will keep going as we are until the weekend and will reassess then. Definitely don’t want to do anything to threaten the bond. xx
  5. Nikki26

So buns have been together in a dog crate for 24 hours now. One minor chasing episode yesterday morning but after that all seems calm. What are the next steps for them? They are both eating and lying down and come up to each other but they haven’t groomed each other yet. Do I just keep them as...
  6. Nikki26

Thank you! I don’t know how people bond lots of rabbits, it’s so stressful!
  7. Nikki26

Thanks Omi. I think we are doing ok. I introduced them for the first time yesterday morning in the bathroom and it all seemed to go ok. They were nice and calm. Then had an evening session in a dog crate - that all seemed to start ok, both had a nibble and a wash and she was lying down. She...
  8. Nikki26

Quick update - it didn’t work with the first girl, she was so energetic and busy that it was a bit overwhelming for Ted and me. So we are now trying a Second Lady who is much much calmer. I kept her and Ted completely separate for a few days to let them both settle and then set them up in...
  9. Nikki26

Following on from my last post about not being able to find a girlie rabbit for Ted, I picked one up from a local rescue this morning and am now really doubting myself about bonding. I have them set up in two small pens next to each other and have left them all day. The new girl is very active...
  10. Nikki26

I can’t find a single female!

I met a lovely lady from Croydon Animal Samaritans today and am going to try and bond one of her girls with Ted. Fingers crossed!! ��������
  11. Nikki26

Thanks Jane. I did email Ark on Friday so will see what they say. x
  12. Nikki26

GBH are my local rescue and who I have regimes most of mine from but she doesn’t have any single females in at the moment.
  13. Nikki26

Ah thank you, that’s really kind. Will see how I get on - I have been in contact with somewhere in Croydon who have a few single females. x
  14. Nikki26

I am not sure really. I think I just had that a male female bond is the easiest. I am not that experienced with bonding (only bonded one trio who had been living next to each other for years so was relatively easy). I am worried about bonding when I am 7 months pregnant and have a 2 year old. If...
  15. Nikki26

I am sorry that you lost your girl too. Definitely the worst part of having rabbits when they lose their partner. I saw the Essex buns but it’s 1hr 45mins drive from me and I’m 7 months pregnant so would prefer one a little closer if possible. xx
  16. Nikki26

I think they are closing once they have rehomes the last of their animals. I have only seen male rabbits on their FB page recently.
  17. Nikki26

After losing my 12 year old girl on Wednesday, I am trying to find a new friend for Ted, my 7 year old male. None of my local rescues seem to have single girls in, although there are lots of boys. It’s so dad seeing Ted on his own as he is a real rabbits rabbit and needs a girl to snuggle up to...
  18. Nikki26

Wish list for outdoor rabbit shed & run

Thank you. This is what I’m working with so it will take some time to clear it all first!
  19. Nikki26

Hi Jane, thank you, it’s lovely to hear from you too. The new house is a building site at the moment but we are excited to get it renovated and to move in. I’ve still got my two rabbits, Maddie and Ted, although Maddie is an old girl now. I also have a 16 month old so things are busy!!
  20. Nikki26

Hi All, I’ve just bought a new house and am in the process of planning out the rabbit accommodation. They are currently in my parents garden in a 10x10 shed with attached aviary but it is all quite old now so wouldn’t be able to be moved. So I am starting from scratch again. My new neighbour...
Back