• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Bolt

1. Bolt

Bunnies and Stairs (and Jumping in General)

Lay some of their favourite food,snacks on the steps to lure them. Maybe give them a gentle nudge to show them the way first. That what I did with my bolt! :) Check out this vid featuring me :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZq15DQxPg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  2. Bolt

Bunny flipping her potty

She has been spayed. And they use the corner potty. They're not always out so maybe it is boredom? It's just weird that I have had her for over a year and it's only started to happen few months ago. Thanks for the advice guys you guys rock!
  3. Bolt

Bunny flipping her potty

Hi guys, Just need some advice on our mini lop.. She is just over one years old now. The past few months we have noticed her behaving differently compared to her companion who's she lived with also for a year. She frequently keeps flipping her potty over or digs her poop out. It's like a...
  4. Bolt

constant humping after bonding

well the testicle they snipped was larger than usual. i just dont get him, he always humps her and we feel sorry for her when he keeps doing it. Shes spayed anyway so we're not that bothered, just prefer if he stops humping her. Maybe he does it because she poops all over the cage, shes dont...
  5. Bolt

from what i remember, i think it was more of a visual look and feel to find his 2nd testicle. Kiwi doesnt fight back, i just feel sorry for her having to sit there and endure it. We want to give her lots of cuddles but I dont think shes use to cuddles, always try to fidget and run away. Only...
  6. Bolt

Hi guys, Bolt and Kiwi both have had the snip/spay, Bolt (male) still humps kiwi every day, sometimes it can go for an hour (humping, trying to hump, mounts on top then just stays there etc). Kiwi normally just walks away and Bolts get off then tries again. When Bolt was snipped, they only...
  7. Bolt

Bolt injured his leg, now limping!

your right about the pre-existing medical condition. Bolt 'seems' to be getting better, he started humping Kiwi again, surely needs 2 legs to do that! He still runs about fine, can still hop into his cage when he feels like it, dont like leaving him in his cage all day as he tends to nip the...
  8. Bolt

i'll need to look up the insurance stuff later but if he isnt back 100% within 10 days (sat being the start), then we will have the x ray done.
  9. Bolt

Hi guys, Just when we thought everything is perfect after we manage to bond Bolt and Kiwi together, Bolt goes and injuries his right leg :( We dont know how he did it, we know roughly the date it happened on. Bolt likes to jump about so i suspect he must've slipped or fell on his leg, though...
  10. Bolt

male rabbit humps during bonding stage help

thought i'd update this post. Both Kiwi and Bolt seems to be fine now and the bonding is done, there were in seperate cages for about 3-4 weeks next to each other. On the weekend Kiwi slept in Bolts cage with him and there was no drama, they both look happy together when they cuddle up and...
  11. Bolt

hi, it seems bolt just keeps trying to hump Kiwi, they are in his cage but its been cleaned out and disenfected. i suppose i'll have to let them just do whatever, they dont seem to be fighting, just Kiwi keeps running away from Bolt. Shes goes about and eats and lays down fine, bolt just...
  12. Bolt

we tried to bond them again, this time Bolt didnt seem to want to mount her much, but when they were both in his cage, he keeps wanting to mount her. i'm begining to think bolt may still have another testicle left as the vets only found one. Any help please?! thanks for reading
  13. Bolt

So we took Kiwi to the vets today for her final checkup regards to her spay is fine and almost healed up, shes been spayed 2 weeks now and Bolt about 6 weeks ago. We tryed to bond them today and are looking for advice, at first they didnt seem to mind each other, Kiwi tucked into the food bowl...
  14. Bolt

Bolt and Kiwi bonding

Rather than opening another post i will post here: so we took Kiwi to the vets today for her final checkup regards to her spay is fine and almost healed up, shes been spayed 2 weeks now and Bolt about 6 weeks ago. We tryed to bond them today and are looking for advice, at first they didnt seem...
  15. Bolt

2 rabbits living and eating together

thats reassuring to know. Hope Bolt doesnt get mad when his girlfriend eats most of his dinner :lol:
Back