• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 rabbits living and eating together

Bolt

Young Bun
Hi guys,

Bolt and Kiwi will be bonded and soon will live together in 1 cage.

My question is, Kiwi eats alot, she seems to eat double of what bolt can do and drink, Kiwi is a Mini Lop and Bolt is a Nethie dwarf.

Once bonded, during feeding time, do we put the usual amount for both rabbits or have seperate bowls? i'm guessing they will eat each other's bowls.

Bolt eats slower than Kiwi and doesnt tend to finish his bowl but Kiwi does! Just dont want Bolt to be hungry when shes moves in lol

any advice is appreciated!

Hiya, I wouldn't worry, nethies learn fast from my experience! I have a dwarf lop and netherland dwarf together, I had the same worry as you because Bloo the lop ate tons faster than my little nethie Tiggy. I tried to stay with them when they ate to start with to make sure Tiggy got her fair share. But Tiggy has just learnt to eat a lot faster and even steals food from Bloo :lol:

thats reassuring to know. Hope Bolt doesnt get mad when his girlfriend eats most of his dinner :lol:

Back