• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis again!

I’m so sorry to read this update [emoji17] I’m heartbroken for you as you moved heaven and earth to try and get Truffy well again.

It’s that age old problem with bunnies. They hide their illnesses so well that by the time they start to show symptoms of being unwell they’re so poorly it’s an uphill battle to try and turn things around. If there were one thing I would change about bunnies it would be for them to be less stoical. I wish they’d make a fuss earlier to at least give us a fighting chance to help them.

Right now I know you just want Truffle back but I hope in time you will take comfort from the fact he was a very happy bunny who had a wonderful life with you, Sam, Luther and the cats. The boys had their ups and downs but it’s clear they were firm friends and Luther was there for his friend right up until the end.

Lots of hugs for you and nose rubs for Luther xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am deeply sorry to read this and it is such a tragic loss. Truff was an inspirational young rabbit - one who instantly attracted affection and love from everyone who saw his photo or had the honour to meet him. Truff radiated the essence of what being a rabbit is like, and lived his life to the fullest and that life was blessed with Luther.
You did absolutley everything you could for him, and the time you had with Truff was so precious. His life was enriched with all your love and warmth and care and someitimes we can do no more than that. Luther shared that moment with his dear friend Truff and that will have ben of great comfort to Truff.
Truffs spirit lives on, in both your hearts and through the forum. I will not forget what a beautiful and special rabbit he was.
It is a fitting tribute to keep him close to you in your garden - you will gain immense comfort from that and you can share your thoughts with him when you are in your garden.
Binkey free you wonderful beautiful young Truff. xx

That’s on my list of questions because I’d like to know in case there is something on there that helps.

Honestly he had people cooing over him and his glorious shiny fluff wherever we went <3

Going to collect them soon to settle Luey back in and put Truffy to rest so we can start to take the time to heal

He was an amazing boy :love:

He fought so hard, you all did.

Love and hugs to you, Sam and the rest of your furry family xx

So very sorry to hear this very sad news, my heart goes out to you and Luey. Binky free beautiful shiny Truffy xxxx

Thank you. We keep checking on him but he is taking time on his own then visits us in the living room when he feels up to it. Bless him <3 xxx

Thank you, I know it’s silly but it is reassuring to hear because you can’t help but play back events in your head xx

It's only natural, we all do it. Hugs to you and little Luther x

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

I’m so sorry to read this update [emoji17] I’m heartbroken for you as you moved heaven and earth to try and get Truffy well again.

It’s that age old problem with bunnies. They hide their illnesses so well that by the time they start to show symptoms of being unwell they’re so poorly it’s an uphill battle to try and turn things around. If there were one thing I would change about bunnies it would be for them to be less stoical. I wish they’d make a fuss earlier to at least give us a fighting chance to help them.

Right now I know you just want Truffle back but I hope in time you will take comfort from the fact he was a very happy bunny who had a wonderful life with you, Sam, Luther and the cats. The boys had their ups and downs but it’s clear they were firm friends and Luther was there for his friend right up until the end.

Lots of hugs for you and nose rubs for Luther xx

I feel like we did too and I’m so distraught that it still wasn’t enough and we may never know why. It just doesn’t feel real.

I think if there was something I could change it would be their digestive system! It just doesn’t work for them, the tiniest issue and it goes totally haywire.

Yeah we do :-( we are trying to get through today as best we can. Thank you that’s really sweet and means a lot to us. We were blessed he was in our lives I just wish it didn’t have to end so soon for him or like this.

I’m sad the last things he remembers of me is shoving loads of meds in him and syringing Critical Care :-( I hope he knew I was trying to help him because I love him.

Thank you so much xx

I am deeply sorry to read this and it is such a tragic loss. Truff was an inspirational young rabbit - one who instantly attracted affection and love from everyone who saw his photo or had the honour to meet him. Truff radiated the essence of what being a rabbit is like, and lived his life to the fullest and that life was blessed with Luther.
You did absolutley everything you could for him, and the time you had with Truff was so precious. His life was enriched with all your love and warmth and care and someitimes we can do no more than that. Luther shared that moment with his dear friend Truff and that will have ben of great comfort to Truff.
Truffs spirit lives on, in both your hearts and through the forum. I will not forget what a beautiful and special rabbit he was.
It is a fitting tribute to keep him close to you in your garden - you will gain immense comfort from that and you can share your thoughts with him when you are in your garden.
Binkey free you wonderful beautiful young Truff. xx

Thank you so much for you kind words, it made us both cry but that is because you have Truffy down to a T.

It’s so hard not to get wrapped up in the why or how of things like this or play back every decision or thing you did. But we are trying to keep talking about him and great things he did because that’s what’s important now. I really hope Luther did make him feel comfort because I can’t stand the thought he might have been scared or in pain and I was there.

Thank you so much for your lovely words about Truffle I’m so glad he made such a wonderful impression on people. A huge hole has been left behind. Xx

I’m so sorry and hope Luther will come through with no problems.
(((Hugs))) for you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We buried our boy next to his kitty friend Tigger, like Tigger we will get a concrete paw print to protect and mark his grave. Our bench is next to them both and at the moment has a plaque for Tigger on it and I think I’ll get one for Truffle to go on the bench too.

We buried him with his favourite things, pellets (he went mad for them), nana chip, his favourite treat and Sam added a mini chocolate bunny (he found out how good chocolate was when he was a baby and found my galaxy bar lol!).

The vets gave him back in a very dignified box although slight mis naming on the box but that’s ok we don’t mind. He looked peaceful and I can only hope that’s how his time here ended. We let the cats see him before we took him out to be put to rest because they loved him to and hopefully helped them understand. They have both been very unsettled and clingy since.

Luther is our focus at the moment and we are trying to judge how he’s doing and feeling. He does ever so often visit the place Truffle sat most while he was ill and sniff around. I think he knows what’s happened so he takes himself away for quiet time and visits us in the living room when he feels up to it. He’s been eating but I will Be monitoring him. It’s hard to tell how he’s doing grief wise but we will try to keep giving him extra attention.

Thank you all again I really appreciate everything you have all done and the kindness during such a difficult and frankly horrible time.

Xx

5156d8fdc3a4f7d9bd8d17c6d0ad3d35.jpg

I’m so sorry and hope Luther will come through with no problems.
(((Hugs))) for you all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you me too, bless him he’s only 1 and been through a lot in that one year bless him <3
Aw thank you x

We buried our boy next to his kitty friend Tigger, like Tigger we will get a concrete paw print to protect and mark his grave. Our bench is next to them both and at the moment has a plaque for Tigger on it and I think I’ll get one for Truffle to go on the bench too.

We buried him with his favourite things, pellets (he went mad for them), nana chip, his favourite treat and Sam added a mini chocolate bunny (he found out how good chocolate was when he was a baby and found my galaxy bar lol!).

The vets gave him back in a very dignified box although slight mis naming on the box but that’s ok we don’t mind. He looked peaceful and I can only hope that’s how his time here ended. We let the cats see him before we took him out to be put to rest because they loved him to and hopefully helped them understand. They have both been very unsettled and clingy since.

Luther is our focus at the moment and we are trying to judge how he’s doing and feeling. He does ever so often visit the place Truffle sat most while he was ill and sniff around. I think he knows what’s happened so he takes himself away for quiet time and visits us in the living room when he feels up to it. He’s been eating but I will Be monitoring him. It’s hard to tell how he’s doing grief wise but we will try to keep giving him extra attention.

Thank you all again I really appreciate everything you have all done and the kindness during such a difficult and frankly horrible time.

Xx

Oww Truffy :( this is so so sad. A lovely box and tribute for Truffle. What lovely vets you have too. Endless hugs for you and Luther xxx

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Xx

I bet the vets were upset too. That's a beautiful way to give him back to you.
From what you've told me, I don't think he suffered, but passed away next to his best buddy.

Sending you loads of hugs, and vibes that Luther and the kitties cope with this as best as they can xx

Back