• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hector's died

Oh no :( I am so sorry :(

*hugs* to you and *nose rubs* to poor Primrose who has lost her husbun so soon :(

My mum rang me from uni. He passed away in her arms. I hate that he could be so well then just change so rapidly and then die.

I lost Theo to a lung abscess in October, Poppy to her digestive problem on Christmas Day and now my beautiful boy has passed and he wasn't even 4 yet. :cry: He only just got his wife bun and he has been so so happy with her company. This is awful.

My mum rang me from uni. He passed away in her arms. I hate that he could be so well then just change so rapidly and then die.

I lost Theo to a lung abscess in October, Poppy to her digestive problem on Christmas Day and now my beautiful boy has passed and he wasn't even 4 yet. :cry: He only just got his wife bun and he has been so so happy with her company. This is awful.

I'm just so shocked. You've kept picking yourself up, they way you lost your first two while you on holiday, then losing Mischief and Tinker so tragically. I truly can't take in that you've lost another so soon after the losses above. How the hell can this have happened to you again??? You've endured more than you should have already.

I'm just devastated for you, I honestly can't take it in.

Last edited:
I'm just so shocked. You've kept picking yourself up, they way you lost your first two while you on holiday, then losing Mischief and Tinker so tragically. I truly can't take in that you've lost another so soon after the losses above. How the hell can this have happened to you again??? You've endured more than you should have already.

I'm just devastated for you, I honestly can't take it in.

I just don't understand. Now this is playing on my mind, what could I have done differently. After Poppy's death Hector was very quiet and didn't seem himself, I should have taken him to the vets? However as soon as he got his new friend he picked up and became himself again. I thought he was just depressed alone but maybe there was more to it.

I've lost 7 bunnies now and none of them seem to live very long at all no matter what I do. It makes me want to stop owning bunnies completely as I feel like I'm failing them all.

They say bad luck happens in 3s but why did it have to be my 3? :cry:

I'm so very sorry. Always sad when a bun passes, but especially when still young and so newly made happy again with bunny company.

Thinking of you and your family, and also Primrose of course. xx

Just seen your most recent post. I don't think you are failing your bunnies. I've always considered you a brilliant rabbit owner, right from the first time I saw your posts about Mischief and his sister. It really is terribly sad, but please don't blame yourself. Hugs. x

Oh no I'm so very sorry. It's sounds like Hector was happy to the end, with his new friend. Please don't blame yourself, easy to say, you gave your buns love and care all of their lives, no bun can ask for more xxxxx

Back