• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

had to order timothy and rye

I wasn't going to order anymore t&rye either, but Leo decided last minute and at the bottom of the damn bag that he wanted more :roll:

I've given up ordering H4P T&R too as I had a few stale bags and after the third replacement bag where it was exactly the same I absolutely gave up with them as it was obvious they didn't check the bags else they would have realised it was stale :? This was October time, not sure what period they are basing their 'no other customers have complained' on.

Mind you, I never got any emails suggesting I was making it up. That would have annoyed me, and isn't right IMO

I've given up ordering H4P T&R too as I had a few stale bags and after the third replacement bag where it was exactly the same I absolutely gave up with them as it was obvious they didn't check the bags else they would have realised it was stale :? This was October time, not sure what period they are basing their 'no other customers have complained' on.

Mind you, I never got any emails suggesting I was making it up. That would have annoyed me, and isn't right IMO

think they said it's a new batch lately and smells slightly different.

you know when someone is polite, but the undertone is basically saying something else? it felt like that. but o/h said my reply back was the same :oops: i wasn't rude, just pointed out that i appreciate how good they have been replacing other bags and that a few other people have said the same so it doesn't seem like it is just me, that kind of thing really. and to send the next bag anyway and then if it's not right, i won't order for a while.

Oh dear I was about to order a bag of T&R :(

Maybe ill give ings a go instead, or will that still be damp??

My last 7 bags of ings have been fine, as have the t&rye but I've only had 2 bags in the past 2 months. I don't think they're sending them out damp, but my damp ones have been because of the carrier :evil:

Awwwww Sorry to hear that hun :( would feel very bad if seeing that email :(:(:(

My last bag of T&R was not right as well, dusty, muddy and buns were not impressed at all. It smelled different from my first bag which was very sweet and lovely. I'm now feeding them this timothy hay, it is slightly more expensive but seems like buns are very happy munching on them and the guy Gavin is very helpful and nice. I could send you a sample so you could let your bunsters to try before buying. Let me know hun :D

Aly&Poppy and Biscandmatt, I wonder whether you could take a pic of your hay when it arrives as well as updating the thread as I'm sure you would anyway? I've ordered from hay for pets before but never the timothy and rye hay, and as I was thinking about making an order I saw this thread. It's really quite put me off as I'm hesitant to order if it's going to be stale, so I'm eagerly awaiting your updates! I also want to see how green this batch is, as N&T are so fussy...

Awwwww Sorry to hear that hun :( would feel very bad if seeing that email :(:(:(

My last bag of T&R was not right as well, dusty, muddy and buns were not impressed at all. It smelled different from my first bag which was very sweet and lovely. I'm now feeding them this timothy hay, it is slightly more expensive but seems like buns are very happy munching on them and the guy Gavin is very helpful and nice. I could send you a sample so you could let your bunsters to try before buying. Let me know hun :D

i've just been looking at that! it looks lovely. i would love a sample if that's ok. let me know the postage and i'll send the address. thank you so much :wave:

Aly&Poppy and Biscandmatt, I wonder whether you could take a pic of your hay when it arrives as well as updating the thread as I'm sure you would anyway? I've ordered from hay for pets before but never the timothy and rye hay, and as I was thinking about making an order I saw this thread. It's really quite put me off as I'm hesitant to order if it's going to be stale, so I'm eagerly awaiting your updates! I also want to see how green this batch is, as N&T are so fussy...

i'll update with a pic when it arrives :wave:

if you want very green hay, deans farm timothy hay is super green! :wave:

i've just been looking at that! it looks lovely. i would love a sample if that's ok. let me know the postage and i'll send the address. thank you so much :wave:

I've messaged you :) Forgot to say it is not as green as the picture but very stalky and the strands are very long! This is the only hay that Popcorn and Jelly would eat after their neutering op last week :D

I've messaged you :) Forgot to say it is not as green as the picture but very stalky and the strands are very long! This is the only hay that Popcorn and Jelly would eat after their neutering op last week :D

bisc and matt aren't usually fussy about the colour, but love the stalky long strands so it sounds great :D x

Yeah sure :D I'm hoping it will be here soon, the last bag was fine although to me it didn't smell 'right', as in it didn't smell like previous bags of t&rye. It smelt more.. like meadow hay than timothy hay! The rabbits loved it though!

Am I the only person who has NEVER had a bad bag of T&R from H4P?

My current bag is AWESOME and the buns are going mad for it.

never had a bad bag from H4P but we switched to hay from a nearby farm as it was cheaper and the buns like it just as much.

they emailed me again to say that they meant they didn't want to send something and me not be happy with it and not that they think i'm messing them about :oops: i think i might have taken it partly the wrong way. :oops:

they said i know them well enough by now to know they pride themselves on their customer service so they're sending it and hope it's ok this time.

i feel a bit stupid for getting upset about it :oops: but i hate people thinking i'm lying or being over the top so i got a bit upset that they might think that of me.

least it's sorted now.

Back