• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny has swollen red and weeping eyes :'(

i didnt go to oaks in the end i had to go to the emergency vets in chatham.

i am now of to the vets in gillingham to have bunny vaccinated, im going to the old vets i use to go when i had my dog they was very good with him.

i cant risk it with autumn.

I'm real sorry to hear what happened :( I hope autumn will be ok xx

I disinfected everything earlier, and im going to burn the hutch so that the nasty disease cant be passed on, Autumn is now vaccinated and indoors and safe, hes sooo lonely bless him. Im going to spoil him so much tho hes mummys lil boy.

Its kind of put me off getting any more rabbits for the mean time the pain she must of gone through and how the vets was....

i hope one day i can get a mate for bunny, but he wont be lonely im going to give him my full attention all the time.

RIP Destiny mummy loves you and sorry i couldnt do more xxx

<<<hugs>>>

When I had a nasty myxi outbreak that killed my vaccinated buns I burnt my sheds, large hutches and runs.
I took my sole surving outdoor bun indoors and nursed her for two weeks- thankfully she was only ill and very grumpy and slowly recovered.

I spent weeks scrubbing everywhere buns had been outdoors with Jeeves fluid. My neighbours must have thought I had gone OTT.

It took me four years before to I could cope with having any more rescue buns. Myxi is truly awful. :censored:

You did all you could for Destiny. You spotted she was not well, you sought advice, you took her to a vet, you even used out of hours emergency vet. You isolated her kept her quite and warm and tried to encourage her to eat. That is far more than most rabbit owners would dream of doing. Even experienced rabbit owners cringe at myxi because it is such a nasty and often relentless illness.
You are not responsible for that vets attitude- not all vets are good with rabbits and most are not used to caring owners.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss :cry:.

I had the same thing happen to me, a few years ago, so I understand how you are feeling. Little Eeyore's eyes got bad, and having grown up in the country, I was fairly sure it was myxi. The vet I saw diagnosed conjunctivitus, and sent me home with drops. After 4 days another vet saw him and diagnosed myxi. I was horrified because of the pain my poor little bun had been through, and the risk to my other buns.

Thankfully, none of my other buns were effected, and I hope that Autumn will be fine too.

Give yourself time with Autumn to mourn Destiny together. Huge hugs for you, and nose rubs for Autumn xx

You did all you could for Destiny. You spotted she was not well, you sought advice, you took her to a vet, you even used out of hours emergency vet. You isolated her kept her quite and warm and tried to encourage her to eat. That is far more than most rabbit owners would dream of doing. Even experienced rabbit owners cringe at myxi because it is such a nasty and often relentless illness.
You are not responsible for that vets attitude- not all vets are good with rabbits and most are not used to caring owners.

This is so true. You did everything you could, but unfortunately some things are out of our control. So sorry about Destiny, let's hope she's binkying away over Rainbow Bridge ((hugs))

Thank you so much guys for your support it means so much.

Its been 4days now since my little girl was laid to rest, im coping and still tearful when i see my Autumn on his own.

I went to pets at home today and brought him a new bed, some yummy herbal hay mix, a ball to play with and a new brush so i can comb his lovely mane again (as i got rid of all the other brushes as i had used them on destiny)... bless him he seemed so happy that i had treated him and was playing with his ball throwing it at me, he makes me laugh becuase he is so cute and funny!!!:love:

Thank you so much guys for your support it means so much.

Its been 4days now since my little girl was laid to rest, im coping and still tearful when i see my Autumn on his own.

I went to pets at home today and brought him a new bed, some yummy herbal hay mix, a ball to play with and a new brush so i can comb his lovely mane again (as i got rid of all the other brushes as i had used them on destiny)... bless him he seemed so happy that i had treated him and was playing with his ball throwing it at me, he makes me laugh becuase he is so cute and funny!!!:love:

Bless, i think its excellent you still have his friend to keep you company. Autumn will live on through him as i'm sure you'll remember them together. Autumn must be quite lonely, but i'm sure he's appreciating the extra fuss you are giving him and he's obviously giving you back as much love as he can, in his own fluffy cute funny little way.

I won't pretend to understand how you are feeling, so i'll just say well done for coping as well as you are - i don't think i'd be as strong as you. Maybe if you feel up to it over the coming days/weeks you would like to post a tribute to Destiny in the Rainbow Bridge section of the forum.

Pleased to hear Autumn is still well, and not showing any symptoms. Did the vet advise you about when to vaccinate him?

Pleased to hear Autumn is still well, and not showing any symptoms. Did the vet advise you about when to vaccinate him?

He is vaccinated now, the vet checked him all over and said that he was healthy so i got him vaccinated. So fingers crossed hes going to be fine, hes still his healthy self and playing.

So annoyed I have only just seen this. I live near you and there are large outbreaks in our area... Chaldon, Banstead and Reigate defiantly have it. Just want to make sure people are aware of where myxi is.

So very sorry to hear this news and to hear of the loss of your bunny :(

So annoyed I have only just seen this. I live near you and there are large outbreaks in our area... Chaldon, Banstead and Reigate defiantly have it. Just want to make sure people are aware of where myxi is.

So very sorry to hear this news and to hear of the loss of your bunny :(

Yeh i heard it was at a few service stations in the area recently i didnt know at the time though :(...

horrible disease :(

just wanted to put a pic up of Autumn in hes bed i brought him today bless him

262o35z.jpg
:love:

ive gave him lots of cuddles he deserves them bless him, hes not quite alone we have a 10week old kitten who he likes to play with :)

Back