• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on Violet and Bugs!

Hi everyone! Been a little while since i got on the forums but i'm back with an update on violet and bugs! They are both living separatly at the mement after thier big fight , and bugs is ready for castration..but my vet has declined to neuter violet as she deems this unnecessary.Violet is the touchy one, ok to be stroked but she is kinda grunty and scratchy atm.Bugs on the other hand is a delight..running around me in circles when i let him out for the day bless him! Full of kisses too! They are both about 5 months now and i am hopeing once i get him him done they will be able to live together with out taking each other apart, like what happened last time.Am dreading putting them together as they were locked and screaming at each other last time.There doesn't seem to be anyone wholly rabbit minded around here to help with the bonding process.Bugs is due at the vets next week bless him for his nadger removal, then i guess i have to wait a month or two before reintroducing them.Will they remember the big fight they had? i sincerely hope not. it was bad as both had eye injuries so therefore why i am dreading it!:roll:

I would find another vet who is prepared to spay Violet, she sounds a bit hormonal, I should think it would be easier to reintroduce if they were both neutured?

Yes this is the general idea! bugs will be castrated by my normal vet..but she says that speying my female is totally unnecessary which annoyed me somewhat as she is a typical female..grunty and thumpy as such when i have to pick her up to put her in the enclosure!She hasn't ever bitten but wow she has a good kick on her being a giant continental!She almost disembowelled me last week so i went and bought a padded lumberjack shirt so i can move her more safely!It was also her who initiated the fight last time so i removed her from my outbuilding and bugs lives there on his own at the moment as i heard it is easier to introduce a female to a male on his territory.She lives in a 6 ft by 2 ft hutch and has access to the outside part of the enclosure when bugs is locked in as he has loads of room to binky in there.He comes out early morning and evening for grazing and she is out most of the afternoon for grazing and exercise.The piggies have thier own separate run inside the enclosure so they do not really have contact with the rabbits as such. Hopefully i can find a vet who will spey her as i believe she really needs it and not just because of the baby bunny factor! She actually kicked my 13 year old boy in the face a few weeks ago causing him a bloody nose!Beaten up by a baby rabbit..his street cred suffered no end! We all laughed lol! Will keep everyone informed and if anyone knows of a good rabbit vet in the peterborough area please let me know pronto as bugs is booked in next week for his op and i would like her speyed asap after so i have a month or so to wait before i can try once more to bond them.WISH ME LUCK PLEASE!! i think i might need it!:p

Just checked with my sister, she does use companion care at pets at home in peterborough and has been hapy ith them. Could be worth giving them a call.

Back