• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Watering Eye

HS

Wise Old Thumper
Squidgy's got a watery eye. It started Wednesday, and I was giving it a couple of days to see if it sorted itself out. I've bathed it daily but unfortunately it hasn't inproved, so we're off to the vets tonight.
The only thing I can think of is a tooth root problem. Are there other possible causes? I can't see anything in his eye. If it is a tooth root problem, how will the vet tell? And what can be done?
Sorry for all the questions!

Does sound like teeth - Irwin piggy started with watery eyes, but I didn't realise it was his teeth till he was half starved :cry:

He's still eating as normal (how a little bun can eat so much, I don't know :shock: ), and pooping for England. I just hope our little man's going to be ok.

Eyes always seem to be connected to tooth probs. Hope all goes well and sending healing vibes xx

My Opal has recurrent eye problems, she has tiny molar spurs as well... so that may be why. They will check her teeth... to see if she has spurs. she might just have an eye infection though, if she doesnt get eye problems often? Hope she is ok.

Just braved the weather! He's got some eye drops to start with, just to rule out an infection. He had a good check over - looking fine!

Back