• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Abit concerned!!

drboo

Mama Doe
Jack had his VHD vaccination on Wednesday night, plus an injection for mites/worms. He seemed fine, but then last night he didn't come out all night despite the cage being open. Today, he came out for abit and had a run round. I put him back to have some hay, and then opened up his cage again, but he hasn't come out. He seems to be eating OK, as he wolfed down a chunk of carrot last night, and has eaten his pellets. He just seems abit quiet. Can the vaccination have this effect? :?

Yes, some buns seem a bit below par after the VHD jab. As long as he's eating well etc he should be ok in a day or two, but if you still feel he's just not "right", go with your gut instinct and take him for a check

Hello,
Yes the VHD jabs can make some bunnies quieter than usual. You just have to make sure that Jack keeps eating and pooing as usual and he should perk up in a day or two. Try giving him his favourite foods to keep him eating. If hes no better in a couple of days, then might be worth a chat with the vet, but he should be fine i think.

Oh thanks guys - phew!! I feel abit better now. If he seems off tomorrow, might take him for a check-up due to the Bank Holiday. Luckily, he is eating and pooing :lol: Thanks again.

Fudge was really off after his VHD injection, I was so worried about him I called the 24 hr emergency vet :( he wouldn't eat,drink and poor baby struggled to stand :cry: the next morning he was just fine again :D

Good news - Jack is running around tonight as normal. Phew!! He has also eaten pellets and carrot. Thanks everyone for your replies :D

Back