• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

castration

Hello,

if Oskar is four month old - he can be castrated at once. A bun have to be not less than 12 weeks old when it become castrated. From the twelfth until to the sixteenth week the bun have not to be seperated from other buns after the op.

After the sixteenth week most of the buns have become potent and will stay potent until six weeks after the castration. Just after six weeks you can a neutered bun (which has been older than sixteen weeks at the castration) socialize with female buns without getting baby-buns. ;)

I mythelf have neutered two buns by my vet. Both endured the op and narcosis very good and have been fit on the following day. There have been no problems and both are as active as before.

Greetings. Kristina

tar gunna fone vets in morning........hes 14 week old, and hes the only one i have. he shud be ok rite....its all new to me

any operation carries a risk unfortunately. But I think the benefits outweigh the risks, once neutered he will be able to have a partner to snuggle and play with :D Also as said above he can be neutered as soon as his bits have dropped, one of mine was a late developer and wasn't done till he was 5 or 6 months :shock:

Have you checked he's got his bits? Some buns take longer to develop than others. Mine are 25weeks now and still no plums to speak of .....

hi

Hi

I agree, im glad I got pepper done, he is so close to Pebbles, they are like an old married couple :lol: Had to get him done because he kept spraying me :roll: but then I got pebbles, he was groggy for a day or so but then was back to normal, the only thing that worried me was him possibly taking his stitches out but he didnt..

Sweety

How long are they groggy for after the op.

After hcatting this morning my Arfie is going in on Tuesday of next week to be done. He is usually very active about the place should i keep him in his cage for a few days to recover?

hi sorry for the delay in replying(blame virgin) iv checked oscars and both plums are there lol......iv booked him in and hes having it done next thursday, cos as from next thursday i have 11 days off so have plenty of time to keep eyes on him and so on, thanks for the advice. i cant wait till hes done, advantages for oth me and oscar, and he can finally have a friend to lick instead of me lol...... i cant sit on my floor with bare skin showin as i get lickd to death lol or my toes nibbled

Back