• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Furby not eating her Breakfast u/d eating now

karen354

Warren Veteran
I'm a bit worried Furby wont eat her breakfast this morning :( very unusual as shes really very greedy...
I'm off to Yorkshire today to pick up Fizz but I'm really worried about leaving Furby ...

Pippa didn't eat hers yesterday but it turned out she was just sleepy and couldn't be bothered to move :roll:

Fingers crossed Furby's ok

ps have I missed something - who's Fizz? edit, just seen the other thread, she's stunning :love:

Yes Fizz is lovely isn't she ? I thought long and hard and decided Bertie does need a partner :D Can't wait to get her but still worried about Furby.. I'm hoping Furby is just tired and not ill :( just put them both out in their run and she had a good run round, shes now lying down in her grass house something she doesn't do that often now :(

Not sure if I should be leaving her today as we'll be out 4 hours... Do you think I should phone the vets this evening if shes no better or would you try syringe feeding ?

Has Furby poo'd her normal amount overnight?
Does she feel abnormally cold to touch and is she very quiet?
Does her tum feel hard?
Or can you her lots of gurgling?

Do you have any infacol? If so and you think she has tummy pain you can give her 2mls and then some tummy rubs. Offer her some veg or a handful of grass and see if she'll eat that.

Hope she will be ok

Janex

She is quiet and yes she is a little cold to touch ... Do you think I should bring her inside ? Tum doesn't feel overly hard and cant feel any noises.

I've got some infacol will give her some of that. . Tried alway but she wont touch anything to eat .

I would be inclined to give her some Infacol and a tummy rub just to be on the safe side. Maybe some fluids too in case her tummy is sore.

Sending vibes - who is Fizz???!!!!!! :lol: :?: :lol:

Fiona x

Have just cross posted. I would make sure she is on a snugglesafe and give her the Infacol, boiled cooled fluids (I add a little pineapple juice for sweetness) to help settle her tummy.

Fiona x

Okay warming the snuggle safe now.. Just getting the infacol ready..
Shes nibbled a little hay but thats about it...
I've got little Fizz waiting for me and should of left to collect her by now. Dont think I'll be able to go :cry: :( will ask hubby if he'll go .

karen354 said:
Okay warming the snuggle safe now.. Just getting the infacol ready..
Shes nibbled a little hay but thats about it...
I've got little Fizz waiting for me and should of left to collect her by now. Dont think I'll be able to go :cry: :( will ask hubby if he'll go .

Good luck with her, I'm sure she'll be ok

Karen, I usually just give some Infacol, fluids, warmth, a tummy rub and a little syringe feeding if I need to go out.

That is what she needs at this moment in time and you can't do anything more for her for a little while.

Although you are worried, try to go out and collect Fizz as normal. Sick bunnies have a tendency to take over our lives :(

Don't worry, hopefully she is just a bit gassy and what you have done will help sort it.

Fiona x

Got them both in the conservatory now she has perked up a little since shes been inside.. She licking the infacol off her at the moment...
Left food out for her but shes still not interested :( shes drinking though...
I'll keep you updated.

karen354 said:
Got them both in the conservatory now she has perked up a little since shes been inside.. She licking the infacol off her at the moment...
Left food out for her but shes still not interested :( shes drinking though...
I'll keep you updated.

Has she poo'd yet?
If not I would ring the Vet as Furby may need some metoclopromide and pain relief (Both via Injection)

Janex

Has she poo'd yet?
If not I would ring the Vet as Furby may need some metoclopromide and pain relief (Both via Injection)

Janex

Yes Jane, she poo'd, eating and drinking :D I did notice some of her poo's were a little runny though but most were fine healthy poos.
I've given her infacol and tummy rubs and she seems almost 100%.. Would you give her any more infacol tonight ?

karen354 said:
Has she poo'd yet?

Janex

Yes Jane, she poo'd, eating and drinking :D I did notice some of her poo's were a little runny though but most were fine healthy poos.
I've given her infacol and tummy rubs and she seems almost 100%.. Would you give her any more infacol tonight ?

One more dose wont harm her but I only tend to give it if the Bun is obviously 'gassy'. If Furby continues to eat and poo I would probably not give more Infacol but would hold off Veggies and try to ensure she eats LOTS of hay :)

Janex

This is abit off subject but i think Furby is the cutest name! haha sorry i just read it and thought how it makes you think of something really fluffy and cute!
:D:D :D

Back