• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent!

capel

Warren Veteran
Just had a panicky text from Karen on her way to the vet with Fudge. He was neutered last week and she noticed that his testicles(or where they were!!) have swollen like plums. She's asked me to post this up now to see if anyone can reply with some infor as to what it might be. I'll relay your replies. Poor Karen all she csn think is "First Molly and now...."

It may well just be a haematoma (bruise) Anti-inflammatory meds should help plus some Arnica Gel on his swollen scrotum

Poor Karen.... :(

Janex

Hi, I'm back .... Okay the one testicle is fine but the other one looks like it's infected .... I've been given antibiotics to give him once a day...
He seems to think it'll go down but if it doesn't he'll need it lanced :(
Apart from that hes very very well in himself...
Poor boy is desperate to get bonded with Furby but that will have to wait a while...
I'm popping for a bath
Speak to you all later
Karen x

This happened to one of the buns here once, I *paped* myself too! He got some oral baytril and the swelling went down in about 48hrs. It was just fluid apparently and quite common.

This happened to one of the buns here once, I *paped* myself too! He got some oral baytril and the swelling went down in about 48hrs. It was just fluid apparently and quite common.

Oh this is what Fudge is on :D hopefully it'll go down soon..

Back