• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it too late to put an indoor bunny outside???

Hells

Warren Scout
Hi all

Just wondered what you thought?

Violet is indoors at the moment recovering from her spay, she is going to meet her new man next weekend and if they get along I will bring him home. The only neutral teritory I have is a brand new hutch in the playhouse. Violet is currently in the indoor cage.

Should I put them outside, the weather is very mild down south still OR shall I disenfect the indoor cage and put them in that? The boy will need to be 'done' once he has settled in 8)

I may be wrong, but I think your boy should be "done" first. You will need to go to all the trouble of reintroducing them again afterwards, as I think if they are apart for even a night the bond can be broken.

No idea what to do about the hutch, though! Sorry! :oops:

I wouldnt put them together untill he is neutered,an uneutered male will constantly pester a female and it isnt fair :?

You might be alright with him - as long as you get him done as soon as you can.
If the weathers still ok and they bond well, then I dont see why not about putting them outside ... as long as if it gets too cold at night they have proper shelter against the elements... they will kep themselves warm together as well - which is an added heating bonus!

Back