• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dusty - am I being paranoid?

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
I went out to see the bunnies and Dusty didn't jump up like she normally does, and was sitting in the corner in the sun. I went into paranoia mode (she has had 2 bouts of stasis), and scooped her up into the house. She's been in the house for about an hour now, and eaten some carrot and parsley, as well as a papaya and pineapple tablet, but...... no poos.

She's pretty active now she's in the house and won't let me have much of a feel of her tummy, but..... the trouble is I don't really know what I'm looking for!! I need to see if I can feel Clover's I suppose. I am wondering whether I should be trying her with some Infacol, but I just don't know whether I'm totally paranoid - she could be completely fine! :?

Difficult isn't it! Infacol is inert so it won't do her any harm if you give her some as a precaution. Mine tend to poop in phases so I wouldn't worry too much about no poops yet as long as she is still eating and active.

Hopefully she's just making you paranoid! Let us know how she goes!

Right, update time: there are some poos at last, but also some caecotrophs. This is unusual, as since they've been on hardly any dried food, I haven't seen any of those.

Am wondering if it's anything to do with the dried grass they eat these days (a handful each per day). The brand is Friendly dried grass. I've stopped giving it to my piggies, as I think it bloats one of them, and am conscious of what happened with Jane's bunnies too. :?

:lol: :lol: Me too. The number of times on a Saturday I say "why are the buns sitting in their run, why aren't they out running around" and my hubby, who works at home, says "they are always like this during the day". I guess I just see them at either end of the day when they are active, and assume they are the same all day, but in actual fact they aren't!

Back