• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

o/t Sparrow invasion!

HS

Wise Old Thumper
We've just aquired a bird bath for the back garden. No sooner was it in place, than there were at least 20 sparrows :shock: in the hedges, taking it in turns to have a bath. It's great to watch.

sparrows.jpg

I love sparrows! I'm a bit weird like that! They're so small!
We have a lot of different birds in our garden we're quite lucky. We have a pair of collared doves who are quite happy for us to walk around while they're there, a magpie family, a robin family with three babies, blackbirds, starlings, blue **** and a thrush.

We are surrounded by fields and farm land and get lots of different birds and wildlife here. Our first summer, I disturbed a mum and baby moles and watched her move them to a safe place.
We have partridges popping into the garden, we've spotted a baby robin that's quite friendly as well. If ever I want to relax, I just go out into the garden!

The bird bath belongs to my o/h's gran who has recently had to go into a home. It's good that it's so appreciated by our local birdies!

Awwwww, lovely :D .

In the garden of the house I lived in last year there was a huuuuge Magnolia tree, and the blue **** used to love it, they were soo tiny and fast, I'd spend hours watching them!

Back