• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

phoned rspca ...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
:evil: :evil:
After we had the 9 buns brought in almost a month ago i contacted a lady i know who works for the rspca who was going to get the other 7 buns left behind checked out (rspca had already been involved before !)

not heard anything about them .

when Grace and Maisie gave birth to dead babies yesterday i got all riled up about it again .
phoned the kind lady who got us involved to see what had happened ..and guess what ....
yes the other woman has still got the 7 buns , still in bad conditions although not as bad as before because other lady is popping in to check every once in a while and to top it all a female bun is pregnant .

I AM SOOOO ******** MAD I COULD ... ARGGGGHHH

so what have rspca done :evil: :evil:

been on phone to them today and so has someone else involved .
made it ABSOLUTLY clear that i want this checking asap . Gave them details ofd state buns were in , vet treatment , births etc told them i have records of every thing .

fella on phone .... sounds like a clear case of neglect we ll get someone to check it out .....
i know that ...you all know that....shall i hold my breath till they do something .something they should have done last time...like removing them .

sorry bout the rant but i feel soooo sick :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm not surprised!!

The RSPCA only seem to intervene when the case is near to death...... well that's been my experience anyway!

How do they expect to make things better when we don't get to the source of the problem.....we can't just keep sticking a plaster on it and fix the end result!!

Intervention at an early stage and prevention are the key things..... :twisted:

:evil: Pathetic! I we are the ones with no funding! What i couldn't believe is that they ring these people before they plan a check! But its you that's picking up the pieces!

I have rang them about several things especially coming up to see the way i run the rescue to see if they had any suggestions and also because i was stressing about the bill coming in!

Have pm'd you by the way- don't know whether its any good?

youd think theyed want to work with other rescues ....should have heard the stretched out silence when i told him who i was and what i did ......i could hear the cogs going round"oh no not an animal nut" :evil:

got your pm Katie have sent you one back .

just found out today...cant say how :? :roll: that rspca went back to this house to check buns last week . she HID UPSTAIRS till they had knocked and gone . :evil:

everything i know other than the state of the buns that came to us i only know 2nd hand .
how i wish i had some more solid proof :evil:

KatieB said:
:evil: Pathetic! I we are the ones with no funding! What i couldn't believe is that they ring these people before they plan a check! But its you that's picking up the pieces!

I have rang them about several things especially coming up to see the way i run the rescue to see if they had any suggestions and also because i was stressing about the bill coming in!

Have pm'd you by the way- don't know whether its any good?
exactly! all teh funding they get and still they dont bother. if i ever get so i have money to give away its going to little rescues (student funding is a bit limited not designed to support a hous full of animals!). i will from now on always adopt whenever i can, guineas and rabbits and if i can later on chinchillas and degus and stuff. poor little things have such a short life really and then they spend most of it in a rescue after their initial owners didnt want them, and still they love us! i have had no luck with the RSPCA in the past, i just hope someone with space intervenes soon and takes them away.

It's not the RSPCA's fault. The law say's they can only do anything until the animal is suffering. For example that means they can't take the animal if it's got no water if it's okay, even if they know that it will result in it suffering in a few hours time. Until the animal is actually ill then legally they can't remove it.

It's frustrating for everyone involved :evil:

Same here I never knew of the increasing numbers of rabbits needing homes - i'll always rehome from on!

It's not the RSPCA's fault. The law say's they can only do anything until the animal is suffering. For example that means they can't take the animal if it's got no water if it's okay, even if they know that it will result in it suffering in a few hours time. Until the animal is actually ill then legally they can't remove it.

It's frustrating for everyone involved

i know they have to follow rules Tamsin . The law states what they can and cant do . BUT if we hadnt taken those 9 some of them would be dead . already at least 5 litters have died (neighbours saw scattered babies twice , 1 lot since we took those 9)
food and water arnt everything , what about space , treatment when ill , been kept in bad conditions .

im sorry but if the woman had 14 dogs in a state like that ....she wouldnt still have them . :evil: :evil: :evil:

sorry for the rant but i feel so angry and helpless in all this

Angie

Back