• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poorly Jack

jay

Mama Doe
Jack wasn't very well last night - its the first time he's been sick. Put him into the puppy cage with lots of hay and water. He seemed ok in himself - a bit quiet but he had some runny poo and stank to high heaven of that awful bunny f*rt smell! :roll:

He's fine this morning - poo back to normal and back out with Milly who kept running up to the puppy pen when I locked him in. Can't decide whether she was saying "hahaha - you're in there and I'm out here" or "ahh jack...I miss you"!

So relieved that he is ok and it was just a minor thing. Discovered a huge hole in the carpert this morning and so I think I know why he was sick!!

Since getting Milly he has become so naughty!

Really glad Jack seems better. You do need to watch him now he has 'learnt' the carpet eating trick :roll: as ingested fibres can cause serious probles with a buns tum. As long as he is now producing normal 'currant' poops then hopefully Jacks Tum is now OK. But if he does not pass any currant poops today I think a Vet check might still be a good idea even if he is still eating and bright within himself.

Janex

Thanks Jane - I'll keep at eye on him. I was so worried about him last night I kept popping down all through the night - I am exhausted today! And yes there were lots of normal poo's in the cage when I went down in the morning.

I have covered up the hole in the carpet with two phone directories in the hope he will chew those instead. I've also ordered a house from the cardboard guy and am going to order more things from bunny basics for chewing. Have an awful feeling no matter how much I give him to chew he will always prefer the carpet!

jay said:
Thanks Jane - I'll keep at eye on him. I was so worried about him last night I kept popping down all through the night - I am exhausted today! And yes there were lots of normal poo's in the cage when I went down in the morning.

I have covered up the hole in the carpet with two phone directories in the hope he will chew those instead. I've also ordered a house from the cardboard guy and am going to order more things from bunny basics for chewing. Have an awful feeling no matter how much I give him to chew he will always prefer the carpet!

Well, if its not the carpet its the wallpaper or skirting boards :roll: :lol:

Janex

Back