PDA

View Full Version : First jabs

Spacegirl
07-05-2006, 04:28 PM
I am taking Humpty and Pepper for their first vaxs tommorrow - the HVD one. Will they be very upset by it? And does it cause any after-affects?

Liz
07-05-2006, 04:33 PM
When I had Harvey's done- he did not appear even to feel it- he did not flinch at all. After the mxyi one- he had a dry patch of skin- which ended up like a small scab which fell off about 10days later- i did not have to treat it- just keep a check on it. When we came back from the vets- he seemed a bit in the "huff" for a while-ie not coming to me when i called him etc as he usually does but was back to his usual self within a few hours.
Hope it all goes well :)

loopylop
07-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Hiya :wave:

I haven't heard any side effects from the myxi jab, but the VHD can cause a limp in your bun... it should only last a couple of days but it may be sore.

Apart from it being a usual vet trip, they should be fine :D Its done really quickly and apparently it doesn't bother the buns too much - mine have both been fine, although saying that, Rudy did get the limp, but he was fine after a day.

Good luck!

Spacegirl
08-05-2006, 07:14 AM
They didn't even flinch. Phew!

raven_guest
08-05-2006, 12:18 PM
The VHD jab only seems to cause a probelm if the vets don't use one to draw up and another to inject as some can come in contact with the skin causing problems.