• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Made own housing?

This is Hobbes and Phoebes house.
Outside
shed.jpg

Inside
insideshed.jpg

Probably seen mine before too, but here goes: (it's 9' x 6' x 3' by the way)

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

I'm sure you've seen mine too but hey ho :lol: The plan is to frame the panels which make up the run, probably frame them in sets of 2, so that it can all be scr e wed together with hinged bits and stuff, it's very difficult to get into at the moment - which is nice and foxproof but it would be nice if it was foxproof but not hoomanproof :lol: (Dudley & Santa's on the left of the pic, Harry & Heather's on the right) Both runs attached to the sheds by catflaps.

6da3f16e.jpg

1e25fda2.jpg

f9b416ce.jpg

ac14259e.jpg

Estelle i love the wall storage idea why didnt i think of that! ive been worrying about fitting a big shed in but thats a great idea a wall store with different floors

You will have probably seen Rabsville before.

PhotobucketRville4.jpg

[/img]
PhotobucketRville3.jpg

PhotobucketRville1.jpg

[/img]
PhotobucketRville2.jpg

I use a pet carrier to transport them up on to the lawn for (supervised) exercise.

Rabswood

Quinn said:
Estelle i love the wall storage idea why didnt i think of that! ive been worrying about fitting a big shed in but thats a great idea a wall store with different floors

It does save some space. You can make the second floor go the full width of the shed to give them even more space. We used an old shelving unit inside that we had spare. When it gets warmer we may have to cut out a window in one of the doors as it will probably be too hot in the summer. The rabbits love it, they have much more room than they would in a hutch.

They have a cat igloo on the shelf now to snuggle up inside.
igloo.jpg

Even though it looks small due to the size of Phoebes fluffy bum, the two rabbits can both fit inside it together!

How big is it if you dont mind me asking lol and where did you get it? the wall storage unit that is, i know B&Q have one

It is 2ft 7 deep, 6ft wide and 4ft 7 high. I got it from Homebase last year but not sure if they still sell them.

Most of the DIY chains don't have many sheds and stuff in stock at the moment, once the Jan sales are out the way, they are much more likely to get more outdoor stuff in stock ready for the summer season.

the happy bee said:
Just out of interest, is there a maximum recommended angle for bunny ramps?

Benny kept getting in a strop with his and knocking it down - he just jumps up to the 2nd floor of his hutch now :)

B&Q had a bike shed last year which could have been good but they dont seem to have it now - think i will wait like Alison said until the january sales are over

elve said:
the happy bee said:
Just out of interest, is there a maximum recommended angle for bunny ramps?

Benny kept getting in a strop with his and knocking it down - he just jumps up to the 2nd floor of his hutch now :)

I've been thinking about putting a second level in the playpen (top covered over so they can't jump out). Marlon wouldn't need a ramp but Bella doesn't seem to be quite as agile as him so I think she'd need some means of getting up there.

This is our homemade hutch/run. It was only built for one rabbit though, but since Dillon now has a girlfriend and we are planning on moving to a bigger house next year, we are going to do the same as most of the other pictures e.g. converting a shed. This is a good idea though if you don't have much space and the buns do get free run of the garden when I'm in.

LianspetsMay2005011.jpg

LianspetsMay2005018.jpg

This is our cat run at the moment so I'm planning on attaching this to a shed when we move house and then convert another shed into a taller/bigger cat run.

LianspetsMay2005020.jpg

Hope it helps.
Lian x

Back