• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

White hair

Sweetie

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone,

Well, my little Denzil is finally growing up! At 4months old he has started to get his boy bits :oops: :lol: :lol: , and along comes the peeing everywhere, pooping everywhere etc etc

Anyway, as you probably know from my piccies (ill post another anyway, any excuse!!!)
bed3.jpg

He is jet black - or so i thought! He started to have white hair sprout up everywhere! All down his back, on his cheeks on his side, on his head!!!!

Has anyone known this before?? He looks really odd at the mo :lol: :shock:

My black Nethie has a few stray white hairs, never found out why but it's not very many or noticable really

My Velvet has some white fur on her and if you look at the bottom of the hair it's all white!

yes if u show rabbits it is a fault if they have white hairs were there not suposed to. This can occure when another colour is intoduced for example if u breed black to white or broken pattens they can cause white hairs and then u have to breed them out and may take may genreations
becky

It may sound a stupid question, but you've not used a flea spray or something on him have you? Have you ever seen a black cat with a white "collar" of fur round its neck? Apparently it can be caused by a reaction in the follicle to a flea product (in the case of the cat, a collar) so I just wondered if you had used a spray product of some description on him which could have had a similar effect?

He is a gorgeous bun, I love black buns (well, I love all buns but you know what I mean) :love:

As rexy as said its other colours in there background that cause it and has nothing to do with age.If a black rabbit has come from a long line of blacks then it shouldnt get white hairs. val :)

Phill said:
Sweetie said:
thanks folks.....i thought he was growing old at 4months!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: His ears are massive Holly! What breed is he??

Hes a mini lop Phill, well thats what i was told he was! :shock:

Ive never used any form of treatment or sprays or anything on him. The white hair has just come through with his new coat.

Sweetie said:
He started to have white hair sprout up everywhere! All down his back, on his cheeks on his side, on his head!!!!

He's been working too hard on Integral Calculus at night time. :D

Back