• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The DIG BOX

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya,

On Friday my boyfriend had to work so I thought I would take the opportunity to get some jobs done, but bunnies being bunnies were getting under my feet and pulling the wall paper off the walls. I decided to make them a dig box to keep them entertained, so I could get on with the stuff I needed to do quicker without tripping over them. I filled a box with a bag of dirt and wood shavings sellotaped up the box, cut a circle so I could insert a tube, which lead to another box which I filled with paper. The idea was the dirt would just get kicked into the second box and save any mess.

0dd55a57.jpg

They really loved it, jumping in and out, they were going in two at a time for a dig.

8b607945.jpg

Pic007.jpg

I went upstairs for an hour, I could hear the digging and I was dead chuffed as most of the toys I make them they arn't interested in. I came down stairs to my horror to see this :shock: .

f6602033.jpg

72c0f80d.jpg

Take a closer look

Pic014.jpg

Naughty little bunnies! It took me two hours to clean it all up, so I didn't save anytime after all :roll: .

This reminds me of when I had pet mice. I had a really extensive system of those rotastack cages, all connected by twisty tubes. Took over an hour to clean them all out and I could never remember how it all went back together again, so the poor little mites had to spend every Saturday working out where their bedrooms had disappeared to.

Anyhoo, they loved to dig, so I thought I'd turn one of the round cages into a digging room. Half filled it with some nice clean soil, and mixed in some sunflower seeds so they'd have a nice reward for all that digging. They loved it. They'd dig all day and dig all night. And they'd throw all the soil they'd dug straight out those little holes around the side of the cage and onto my carpet. Then they'd scamper through the twisty tunnels with their muddy little feet, weeing in joy and excitement. Of course, those twisty tubes had air holes all along them, so out dribbled the wee on to the pile of dirt on the floor to create a lovely muddy mess on my carpet.

Needless to say, the digging room didn't stay for very long. :(

Luckily I've got a new hoover.

Het cheeky Carys and Eve, I will have you know I've spring cleaned. :lol:

Tree said:
Luckily I've got a new hoover.

Het cheeky Carys and Eve, I will have you know I've spring cleaned. :lol:

what clearing out the buns :lol: :lol: :lol: how are they getting on mate!!!

hahahahahhahahah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Looks like they had great fun in the boxes!!

Bertie.. that sounds a horrid mess to have to clear up! :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I think I will do a dig box in the outside run and not the house now after reading this! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: there was me reading the title of the thread thinking this looks like a good idea!
oh well they had fun, I think i'll try it outside - if it ever stops raining :?

Back