• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Sable for tomorrow please.......Babsie's little girl

catherine09

Mama Doe
Sable is currently at Anton vets awaiting some diagnostics tests tomorrow to be performed by John Chitty.

She presented with stasis on Saturday, once she had been given painkiller she started eating again quite happily. Then yesterday she again stopped eating, and seemed to be much slower in improving so took her and Bobby her lovely partner up to Anton vets yesterday evening where she was admitted with Bobby by her side. Typically she started eating about 10 minutes before I put her in the carrier to take her but Babsie and I agreed that she should still go as there was obviously something going on that needed investigating. He found she had some small spurs on her teeth but wasn't convinced that was the problem as they weren't that serious.

The report from today is that she is eating well under medication and he plans to go ahead with the diagnostics tomorrow - X rays and bloods under GA. Lots of vibes for lovely Sable please as she is no spring chicken (9 and a half years old at least - Babsie adopted her early 2008!)

Sable is currently at Anton vets awaiting some diagnostics tests tomorrow to be performed by John Chitty.

She presented with stasis on Saturday, once she had been given painkiller she started eating again quite happily. Then yesterday she again stopped eating, and seemed to be much slower in improving so took her and Bobby her lovely partner up to Anton vets yesterday evening where she was admitted with Bobby by her side. Typically she started eating about 10 minutes before I put her in the carrier to take her but Babsie and I agreed that she should still go as there was obviously something going on that needed investigating. He found she had some small spurs on her teeth but wasn't convinced that was the problem as they weren't that serious.

The report from today is that she is eating well under medication and he plans to go ahead with the diagnostics tomorrow - X rays and bloods under GA. Lots of vibes for lovely Sable please as she is no spring chicken (9 and a half years old at least - Babsie adopted her early 2008!)

Lots of vibes for Sable. I hope tomorrow goes well :)

Millions of vibes for Sable. I'm glad she is in expert hands and eating well. everything crossed for the diagnostics x

I keep checking back in on this thread and I am hoping that the lack of updates is not due to bad news and that Sable is OK now. Still sending vibes xx

Back