• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nibbled Stick

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
OH was clearing an overhanging branch from an apple tree on the canalside the other day and came back with the branch. He poked it into the run in various ways. The buns were so in love with it they even nibbled what they could of what was left outside the run:

CqKAAjPXYAAR-DD.jpg

We're calling the artwork 'Stripy Nibbles'. Matt thinks it's hilarious, and is impressed they poked their little noses so far through (yes, we do have one of those dangerous metal runs!).

I'm always amazed at just how patient the rabbits are with a branch to nibble. They will sit for hours working away at the bark, seemingly obtaining quite tiny mouthfuls each time. Then when we turn it over (because they haven't the sense to do so), it starts all over again. Also, I'm not actually convinced that it is just the taste that they love, although they obviously do find it tasty, but I think that nibbling is also an enjoyable rabbit pastime.

Lucky rabbits :love:

because they haven't the sense to do so
Oh good, not just ours then! Aboleth's really good at bark stripping (sometimes she'll pull off 6" strips), whereas Lopsy does take littler bites :) But yeah, I think our preferred the apple stick but they'll chew anything left in their areas!

Mine have an apple branch that started off as a branch but is now a twig! Ruby will chew anything!

Back