• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

loxicom

chalkie48

New Kit
hi im new on here i just need some help with our pet rabbit bobby. he has been non stop licking his bac k for over a week so we took him to the vets who diagnosed him with a lower back pain.he prescribed loxicom at a dose equivalent to his weight 1.5kg forgot to mention he is a mini lop who means the world to us all.his breathing is still faster than usual and he is confined to his hutch for 10 to 14 days . i have just been to see him and he was laid out on his side and i thought on no so i picked him up and let him have 5 minutes outside ,i think he is in pain still but he has only had 2 doses of loxicom 1 a day .please can anyone reasure me.

welcome to the forum, how old is he? to be suffering from lower back pain is he an older rabbit? or a young rabbit with possible strain or injury ? you don't say how is appetite is and his toilet output
also make sure if not already your vet is bunny savvy

hi thanks for reply he is 5 1/2 mini lop and he is eating and drinking fine loves rocket and his usual daily food. been on loxicom for 7 days now noticed a slight change in him looked a bit perkier but today brought him inside and after 10 /15 minutes his breathing started to increase he is still cleaning his back and feet which indicates to me he is in some pain.back at vets tomorow as he wants to see him and decide if he needs an x-ray.

Back