• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tiomothy Hay

juls65

Young Bun
My mini lop doesn't seem to be able to tolerate English Timothy hay but seems fine on the Oxbow Timothy. Anyone else found this or may know reasons why? Timothy & rye is also a problem but I put that down to the Rye being rich. He is a sensitive bun who can only eat soft herbs, forage & grass, no veg at all, 6 ss pellets a day & he eats tons of meadow hay. Just lately he seems more sensitive & I have had to cut out all treats eg dried herbs, apple sticks, his one a day fenugreek crunchie & green oat hay as he was leaving his cecals & some were mushy. That has cleared up now. Wondering if English timothy is too fibrous or rich, he loves it but it doesn't seem to suit him. Any thoughts? Thanks :)

Hi, not something I've come across before. In fact mine normally shun the Oxbow in favour of the Scottish Timothy from timothyhay.co.uk.

My mini lop doesn't seem to be able to tolerate English Timothy hay but seems fine on the Oxbow Timothy. Anyone else found this or may know reasons why? Timothy & rye is also a problem but I put that down to the Rye being rich. He is a sensitive bun who can only eat soft herbs, forage & grass, no veg at all, 6 ss pellets a day & he eats tons of meadow hay. Just lately he seems more sensitive & I have had to cut out all treats eg dried herbs, apple sticks, his one a day fenugreek crunchie & green oat hay as he was leaving his cecals & some were mushy. That has cleared up now. Wondering if English timothy is too fibrous or rich, he loves it but it doesn't seem to suit him. Any thoughts? Thanks :)

Strangely, one of my buns is exactly the same with English Timothy hay AND the Timothy and Rye - I thought it was just us!!!:shock:

Back