• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it was rectangle shaped lawn but needed a change

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
ran out of energy to do what I was going to do, as was going to do half round shape bottom end to, but thought it might be to much after all, the bridge bunnies that are buried up top end, now have their own garden plants,rather then lawn on top of them

thank you do you think the new design looks ok? one large border rather then long thin one down side, wonder what mabel does next time let her out

thank you do you think the new design looks ok? one large border rather then long thin one down side, wonder what mabel does next time let her out
I prefer the new one! Long thin borders you can't get any 'interest' in: with this one, you've got heights and depths :)

I found a rodent skull digging in mine: the teeth were orange so probably not rabbit! Might've been a squirrel I suppose. Also found molten glass blob (looks cool so I kept it), what might've been a dead pet in multiple plastic bags (eww: didn't open it, just binned it carefully, straightaway!) and a variety of weird tubers which turned out to be Jerusalem artichokes! I've still got those, growing, too :)

I prefer the new one! Long thin borders you can't get any 'interest' in: with this one, you've got heights and depths :)

I found a rodent skull digging in mine: the teeth were orange so probably not rabbit! Might've been a squirrel I suppose. Also found molten glass blob (looks cool so I kept it), what might've been a dead pet in multiple plastic bags (eww: didn't open it, just binned it carefully, straightaway!) and a variety of weird tubers which turned out to be Jerusalem artichokes! I've still got those, growing, too :)

thanks :) makes me feel happier done it now, was like that with front few years back reshaped that from square to curved, I think I will do smaller bottom curved border, just need rest first :lol:

the plants that got to large for small shallow borders I have given to my sister so not gone to waste

heres a pic taken this morning with new trellis work on middle fence

taking shape bit by bit, next will be the rounding off bottom end then it will look like half rainbow shape, but going to let grass settle that's been moved, and prob do that in springtime, it will need smaller plants down bottom end then top

That looks lovely. And I love the bridge bunny flower garden idea. :)

thanks I was talking to the, as I moved the grass from above them, and telling them not to worry I won't disturb them, and they will have pretty flowers ontop of them instead of in the long thin border:oops:

one of the other things I wanted is a small pergola just something as a feature, but not so that it blocks sunlight etc, im still deciding on how to do this if I do, I think my heauchera collection will go in the bottom border when I round it off

Back