• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dumplin meds video

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
The original video is 7 minutes long :roll:

Here is a 1 min 50 sec just to show what I'm up against:shock: there is volume if you turn it up :lol:

First syringe is the Baytril then the Loxicom :?

please excuse my look :oops: the coat is as you will see very necessary plus it's my day off work and Bunny cleaning day :roll: :oops:

I'm feeding him rabbit choco drops as treats but I don't think he understands that if he takes the Meds he gets them for free :lol:

http://vid1064.photobucket.com/albu...9-E549-4246-B3B5-53DA0101165E_zpscg4ucjwg.mp4

Same video different link :oops:

Last edited:
Awwwh poor darling. Its like Dumplin is saying ''Mum why you do that!?'' then accepting cuddles as an apology.

Poor little thing. Nasty medicines!

Awwww. He is gorgeous. What a shame he wont take the meds mixed with baby food!!!

Someone posted about putting meds in shreddies (or some cereal) with mashed banana on top to disguise the tase. May be worth a try (if you havent already)...

Awwww. He is gorgeous. What a shame he wont take the meds mixed with baby food!!!

Nope tried every type of fruit flavour I can think of to try:roll:

Someone posted about putting meds in shreddies (or some cereal) with mashed banana on top to disguise the tase. May be worth a try (if you havent already)...

He has gotten very warey of mashed banana :lol: and won't eat it :roll:

Awwwh poor darling. Its like Dumplin is saying ''Mum why you do that!?'' then accepting cuddles as an apology.

Poor little thing. Nasty medicines!

He is getting worse everyday and as he is so strong and wriggly I'm scared of holding him too hard and him kicking and hurting himself :shock:

Last edited:
Oh dear :shock: I am never going to complain again about how much hassle it is to get Pip and Fiver to take their medicines!

You know Jenova had a link on here somewhere to her video of how she medicated Grimlock by having him between her knees with all four feet on the floor. Maybe Dumplin is not fond of the position and might be more cooperative on the ground? Apologies if you've already tried that.

He sure is a handsome lad. :love: I hope things get easier. xxxx

Oh dear :shock: I am never going to complain again about how much hassle it is to get Pip and Fiver to take their medicines!

You know Jenova had a link on here somewhere to her video of how she medicated Grimlock by having him between her knees with all four feet on the floor. Maybe Dumplin is not fond of the position and might be more cooperative on the ground? Apologies if you've already tried that.

He sure is a handsome lad. :love: I hope things get easier. xxxx

The better he feels the worse its getting:cry:

Yep done that and failed have bruises inside my thigh to show :shock: teeth :shock:

Bunny burrito that's a non starter :roll: well I did get him comfy but he soon had me grabbing empty towel and he was gone :lol: or turned into whack a mole :roll: peeps out :D syringe in :roll: where did his face go :roll: he can shrink his head into his neck I'm sure :lol:

He is such a gentle boy and so strong yet if he is in the cuddle mood just lovely however if not I haven't a chance;)

The better he feels the worse its getting:cry:

Yep done that and failed have bruises inside my thigh to show :shock: teeth :shock:

Bunny burrito that's a non starter :roll: well I did get him comfy but he soon had me grabbing empty towel and he was gone :lol: or turned into whack a mole :roll: peeps out :D syringe in :roll: where did his face go :roll: he can shrink his head into his neck I'm sure :lol:

He is such a gentle boy and so strong yet if he is in the cuddle mood just lovely however if not I haven't a chance;)

There are some ideas in this sticky, apologies if you've tried them all. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?297802-Old-Useful-Topics-Health

Sorry, I had to laugh at him being able to shrink his head into his neck :lol:

Have you tried soaking his daily pellet ration and mixing the meds into that? Fools my lot every time!

He won't eat wet pellets :roll: if the water spils in the bowl its a nope :lol: and the lot are wasted :roll:

I gave him some mashed banana and he ate that:D then out the tinyest spot of Baytril in it and he ran away:roll:

Back