• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Newbies...

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
A few newbies would like to say hello :wave:

Houdini was found as a stray by her previous owner. They say she's a little escape artist! She hasn't disappeared on me yet though! She's a little bit shy at the moment. She already has a family coming to meet her at the weekend, who have a lonely single male. She'll be spayed, vaccinated and wormed before adoption.

And you're going to love this pair, 2 year old Frenchie boys called Mischief and Choccie. Look at their squishy faces! They're going to need a lot of space, as these boys are huge! They'll need a shed and run/aviary style set up, preferably with access to an enclosed garden for supervised free range time. They're neutered and will be vaccinated and wormed before adoption. You want these buns.

Am I going totally mad, or were Mischief and Choccy being rehome by another rescue not long ago? :?

I have no idea :? Could just be the same names? Their previous owner got them from a breeder for their child who got bored of them, so I don't think they've been in a rescue before. Which rescue do you think it was?

That's them, that's the photo the previous owner sent me. I guess they must have been on the waiting list for Pawz, being advertised as available while still with the previous owner. They didn't tell me about that. I hope they've told Pawz they've come to me. They're definitely here with me now!

That makes sense. I thought I was going crazy :oops: Might be worth contacting Pawz so they can take the thread/adverts down?

Id had my eye on Choccie and Mischief but Tyne and Wear was a five hour round trip, so I've just adopted two Rews that had been stuck in rescue for 18 months.

Glad to hear this pair are safe now whilst they wait for their new home. Gutted I couldn't get them though!

That makes sense. I thought I was going crazy :oops: Might be worth contacting Pawz so they can take the thread/adverts down?

The previous owner says that Pawz had no room so put them on the website while they stayed with the previous owner. They're going to let them know they're here now. I bet a lot of the rescues in the area have the same buns on our waiting lists. Often by the time a place comes up here the buns have already been rehomed (lots of people choose not to bother replying when I offer them a space :( ).

Id had my eye on Choccie and Mischief but Tyne and Wear was a five hour round trip, so I've just adopted two Rews that had been stuck in rescue for 18 months.

Glad to hear this pair are safe now whilst they wait for their new home. Gutted I couldn't get them though!

Well they're about an hour or so closer now if you want any more buns!

They're currently in the bunshed, but I'm not sure they can fit through the cat flap to the run :shock: The pen is 6x3 and it's just not big enough for them :( If they can't fit I can move them into an 8x3 pen with no attached run, but it's still not enough for these monsters, so I really hope they find a home soon. Bunruns can certainly be arranged to get them to a nice big home.

I just checked and the previous owners had spelled the name Chockie, Pawz had guessed Choccy and I'd guessed Choccie :lol: Hope he isn't offended! :lol:

Damn it...I have a lovely 10x5 set up with 3 levels inside and two outside which is why I was looking for a pair of big buns and those pair kept catching my eye.

I've just been home checked today and I'm getting my new boys tomorrow...quite excited as they've been in rescue for nearly 18 months since they were 8 weeks old and have never been outside the fairly small hutch and shared run at the rescue with two other pairs of buns. Can't wait to see them enjoy their new pad and garden.

Hope the gorgeous Choccy and Mischief get their forever home soon!

They are all lovely but oh my, Houdini ... so like my Spenser! :love:

She is a mini Spenser :love:

Damn it...I have a lovely 10x5 set up with 3 levels inside and two outside which is why I was looking for a pair of big buns and those pair kept catching my eye.

I've just been home checked today and I'm getting my new boys tomorrow...quite excited as they've been in rescue for nearly 18 months since they were 8 weeks old and have never been outside the fairly small hutch and shared run at the rescue with two other pairs of buns. Can't wait to see them enjoy their new pad and garden.

Hope the gorgeous Choccy and Mischief get their forever home soon!

Sounds like they really need a home, 18 months is a long time :( I know a lot of people aren't keen on REWs. I think Houdini has only been offered a home so quickly as there aren't many single females in rescues around here. I did check they'd be OK with her being a REW. I can imagine a pair of REW males wouldn't be top of many people's list :( I think they're going to love all that space :love:

I have been loving those Frenchie boys from afar since I saw them on the other thread.
We don't have French Lops in NZ :(
I guess a bunny run down under is out of the question!!

Back