• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit version of brownie?

They look okay but I personally wouldn't make them simply because the one and only time I did try and bake something for the rabbits it stunk out the house and made me feel physically sick!

They turned out pretty good!

Unfortunately Woody didn't like them (as usual) but my three others went crazy for them!!

And yes, they did smell!!

Ooh at first I thought I'll give that a go but if they stink that's a no no, I'm weird with smells and super sensitive.

Look good tho. Good for you to try. :D

I wonder if you let the grass dry out first it might reduce the smell. I think part of it is grass has a lot of moisture it which takes a while to bake and spreads the smell.

I wonder if you let the grass dry out first it might reduce the smell. I think part of it is grass has a lot of moisture it which takes a while to bake and spreads the smell.

Hey Tamsin :wave:
I have recently taken on a non hay eating foster,
Am trying all novel ways to get him into a hay eating zone but so far it's no go.
We don't have all the amazing hays & ready grass & the like here. We are also going into winter so the growth rate of grass is slowing.
Was looking at this recipe & wondering if I could make these with hay?

I don't see why hay wouldn't work, give it ago :D

The other thing you could try while there is still grass growing, is cut some and lay it out somewhere out of the rain to dry out. You'll find you end up with nice green looking dried grass, like the posh packaged stuff which he might prefer if he'll eat the fresh grass. Maybe raid your neighbours lawns :lol:

kB I use chopped up hay in my bunny biscuits and a handful of Readigrass, dried mint , dried basil, chopped up pellets, and oats :)

Back