• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poo appreciation.

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
Fantastic offering from Brian and Molly this morning.

90CDBCAA-42B0-4537-8947-72D2D8B33106-11311-00000C193BE3137A.jpg

F86F5BDA-99EF-40AB-A91E-D7FEAEA87C3A-11311-00000C1945E05AEF.jpg

6420CB7D-DBF2-42A4-87BE-C648001B1717-11311-00000C1A2EED631B.jpg

I am jealous! That is exactly what Herbie & Incas' poos were like until their most recent bag of hay :(

I am jealous! That is exactly what Herbie & Incas' poos were like until their most recent bag of hay :(

That's interesting. Ted's poos aren't as good on this bale, it's actually good news it's the hay and not him!

I love that we can share poo pictures/stories and be safe in the knowledge that others will understand how fab it is to see a healthy batch - especially with a rabbit who's previously suffered with stasis :thumb:

Haha thanks guys I knew you would understand!
I used a different hay supplier and their poo proves its good quality.

Poos do depend on food but they don't need to be golden to be good. A rabbit that eats more fresh food and grass will have darker poos, but they're still just as good as golden poos. If the hay is greener then the poos are darker too and buns seem to prefer greener hay. Well Smoo does anyway. Grimlock, who eats no hay and only soggy pellets has lovely golden poos, but Smoo who eats hay and lots of fresh plantain has much darker poos. So don't worry if your bun's poos aren't as lovely and golden as Molly and Brian's. Who have lovely poos by the way. :D

Poos do depend on food but they don't need to be golden to be good. A rabbit that eats more fresh food and grass will have darker poos, but they're still just as good as golden poos. If the hay is greener then the poos are darker too and buns seem to prefer greener hay. Well Smoo does anyway. Grimlock, who eats no hay and only soggy pellets has lovely golden poos, but Smoo who eats hay and lots of fresh plantain has much darker poos. So don't worry if your bun's poos aren't as lovely and golden as Molly and Brian's. Who have lovely poos by the way. :D

Yes of course. They're actually darker and smaller when they've been on the grass. The garden is a swamp at the moment though!

Beautiful poo! :p:thumb:

Spenser is not a great hay eater, and although he has much less veg than before his poo is still very dark. I think his hay eating is a little better, so I am ever hopeful of big crumbly fibrous poos.

Great poo - what do they eat? Share your secret. :wave:

Farm bale hay about 95% of the time, then grass when the weather is good, a small handful of greens a few times a week and a tablespoon of excel pellets each twice a day.

As a newbie to all of this... you guys make me smile....

A POO appreciation society.. Who would have believed it?..

Thanks for pics though.. Helps me appreciate how fab Floppys poos are !!,!

Poor soul, discussing his personal issues.....

Lovely!! :)

Mine have all had meadow hay from h4ps as i ran out of farm hay and poo has been small and dark...the farmer delivered three bales to me yesterday and today we have return of lovely big golden poo again!! :)

As a newbie to all of this... you guys make me smile....

A POO appreciation society.. Who would have believed it?..

Thanks for pics though.. Helps me appreciate how fab Floppys poos are !!,!

Poor soul, discussing his personal issues.....

:lol: Do post your own poo pictures!

Back