• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

marbles lost weight

couchy

Young Bun
hello

when i have been chicking the rabbits out before lexis op
i noticed marbles is not eating much and lost alot of weight since she had her op earlier this yea and lexi on the other hand have gone very fat! i know it could be down to lexi pinching marbles food (being dominant because of hormones) also aswel i have noticed she has been stuggling to get up her ladder/ slope thing, and she wont come near me at all constantly running away wont even go near me or nothing i have tried my hardest for her to get used to me everything and nothing i am quite worried too there both worrieng me after i have sorted out lexi im going to have a word with the vets about marbles too and because im working now its hard to get time off the food their eating is p@h adult rabbit nuggets and there having a dish full a day and loooaads of hay too
anybody had this problem

Marbles needs to be seen by a Vet ASAP. She may have Dental problems making eating painful. Any unexplained weight loss in a Rabbit is something which always, without exception, needs very prompt Veterinary attention. Unexplained weight loss can be the first symptom of numerous problems. The longer you wait before consulting a Vet the bigger the problem may become. I would contact the Vet today

Good luck.

yea i will have a word today and before that i will try and catch her and check her teeth myself i know the lookouts for a dental needed to if they are cause for concern she will be there the same day (if theres appointment...) ;)

Back