• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ducklings first bathtime!!

chul

Staff member
20120614_202851.jpg

20120614_202217.jpg

20120614_202211.jpg

20120614_202151.jpg

20120614_202137.jpg

20120614_202110.jpg

Those last two piccies... little poser!!! :love::love::love:

They look like they had a fantastic time!

So cute.:love::love::love::love::love::love: I had ducks when I was a kid. I lived on a farm and one customer gave my dad 3 ducks for his eggs and vegetable purchase. One for me and each of my siblings. He said he didn't have any money just the baby ducks. They lived in the house while my dad built a duck house and made a small pond.Those were very fond memories. Ducks can be wonderful pets.

Awwww :love:

Do they not have a heat lamp? You must really have the heat turned up in your house!

No- they are in a warm room with blankets and a snugglesafe. We were told they would be ok off the lamp when we got them.

No- they are in a warm room with blankets and a snugglesafe. We were told they would be ok off the lamp when we got them.

To be honest, I would always use a heat lamp at that age. I've raised about 50 ducklings and they definitely can easily get cold so it's just not worth the risk. I bought my heat lamp for $4 seven years ago and it's still works fine so it's a good investment :) Similar to how pet store people tell bad advice about rabbits, a lot of people don't know much about ducklings.

Back