PDA

View Full Version : Steve is now rushing Lily to the vets/ pics p16

Hugo's There
14-03-2012, 11:32 AM
:cry::cry:

Went outside to clean out Jojo's hutch to find out frail girl Lily unable to keep herself upright :( It is amazing how she has battled on for so long in such a frail body. I have a good guess what the outcome is going to be :( but you never know there may be a miracle :? I have a horrible feeling she needs a dental too :cry:

It was awful as had to wait for Heather to stop washing her before we popped her in a carrier :cry::cry:

Piggiesgalore
14-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Poor little girl, sending vibes, hope the vet can help - hugs to you guys too.

Vegan_Bunny
14-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Sending lots of vibes that she manages to pull through.

Zahirre
14-03-2012, 11:57 AM
So sorry Liz... Sending lots of vibes xxx

Hugo's There
14-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Lily is home :shock: :D She is dizzy so we are trying meds to see if it helps her :) I wasn't expecting that, she really is a miracle bunny :love:

Joanne Jenkinson
14-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Aww bless her! Sending big big vibes! XX

Zahirre
14-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Lily is home :shock: :D She is dizzy so we are trying meds to see if it helps her :) I wasn't expecting that, she really is a miracle bunny :love:

YAY :D Fantastic news :D xxx

susie bun
14-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Bless her, hope the meds help. xxx

Alibunmum
14-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Fingers crossed that the meds help Lily, at least the meds and some of your wonderful TLC!

Captain Helen
14-03-2012, 01:16 PM
I hope the drugs help her. Sending lots of vibes for Lily xx

Jenova
14-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Some great news! Loads of vibes.

Hugo's There
14-03-2012, 02:14 PM
She is not looking great but at least she has stopped falling forward as she sits. She is still doing this strange chewing on nothing thing but apparently her teeth are fine :?

ripminnie
14-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Sending mega vibes for poor Lily xxx

KarenM
14-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Oh no, what a bad day you're all having. :(:( Lots of vibes for Lily. xx

susie bun
14-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Continuing to think of this precious 'senior' ladybun. :love:

Hugo's There
14-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Our little Lily :love: This is how she always sits now, but today she kept rocking on to her head and then trying to pull herself back up :( It does seem to have improved a little now

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1020253.jpg

She even has a dirty nose from falling on her face :(
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/hugosthere/rainbow%20buns/P1020255.jpg

susie bun
14-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Oh bless her! :love:I've never seen a rabbit quite like her. xxx

Hugo's There
15-03-2012, 12:53 PM
She is out in the sunshine today and she seems a little brighter, has even had a face wash but then she just falls asleep with her face in the dirt :(

KarenM
15-03-2012, 03:40 PM
She is out in the sunshine today and she seems a little brighter, has even had a face wash but then she just falls asleep with her face in the dirt :(

:(:(:(

She's a very beautiful girl. xx

Hugo's There
15-03-2012, 06:02 PM
:(:(:(

She's a very beautiful girl. xx

Thank you.

I am watching her very closely as she has had a good life with us so would hate the end to be a real struggle for her

BinkyBun
15-03-2012, 06:17 PM
Lily is a gorgeous bunny. Sending her tonnes of vibes xxxxx

Vegan_Bunny
15-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Aww bless her! Do they know what is causing it?

Hugo's There
15-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Aww bless her! Do they know what is causing it?

They couldn't rule out EC but we wont be getting her blood tested as she is too frail. She has been blind since birth and developed cataracts a couple of years ago, but in the last 6 months she has been getting increasingly confused like she has dementia :? She relies on Heather completely and can't find her food without her

Vegan_Bunny
16-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Oh what a poor girlie :(

I hope she recovers soon, sounds like she has been through a lot. Has she been given all the appropriate meds or has she not been able to handle those? Sounds like she is in the best place, sending lots and lots of vibes.

Neleh
16-03-2012, 12:43 AM
I was wondering if it was EC when I read her story. It doesn't mean the end for her, she sounds like she is doing well. With EC it is all about small steps to recovery. Malteser chattered his teeth, I was told he wasn't in pain but he did do it much less once he was on anti inflammatories which makes me think either he was in pain or it could be linked to brain swelling.
Good luck to your cutie! I keep my fingers crossed and send vibes

chelle
16-03-2012, 12:53 AM
:cry:oh poor sweety.....she is ever so pretty..sending loads recovery vibes for pretty Lily xxx:love:

Hugo's There
16-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Oh what a poor girlie :(

I hope she recovers soon, sounds like she has been through a lot. Has she been given all the appropriate meds or has she not been able to handle those? Sounds like she is in the best place, sending lots and lots of vibes.

Yes she is on medication, she has been on metacam for months for arthritis as she can barely walk and is also on panacur and medication to help with dizziness. She is a good girl at medicine time :)

we knew she was close to the end of her life before these latest problems, no bunny can live forever although sometimes it feels she will :love: Steve nicknamed her Wedgewood Lil as she has been very fragile for such a long time :love:

Hugo's There
19-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Although Lily seems to be displaying less signs of dizziness as she rests she still has a very obvious nystagmus :( I am wondering how distressing this might be to her in itself, any ideas?

She also has a really stiff back leg today which seems pretty much locked in place:(

Vegan_Bunny
19-03-2012, 09:11 PM
I think EC bunnies develop weakness in their hind end..especially their left side? I think. I'm no expert on EC but it sounds more and more like it. I'm sorry she has gotten worse :( I'd keep persisting if it was me, I think they generally get worse before they get better. One of the buns at the rescue I volunteer at developed head tilt, she wasn't rolling but her head was basically sideways at one point :cry: Took her a few weeks but you can't even tell it happened to her now. Whether or not that was EC I don't know but I'd think keeping going with treatment for a few weeks at least is worth it unless she is very distressed.

Sending lots of vibes her way )))))

chelle
19-03-2012, 10:05 PM
just bumping this for you xxxxand sending vibes xxx

vick
19-03-2012, 10:13 PM
Oh poor Lily, she's such a stunning little ladybun. :love: Our old girl Daisy had an episode of nystagmus last night after 'meds-time' and the vet suspects it's EC.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the little warrior Lily
xx

Hugo's There
20-03-2012, 09:36 AM
I think EC bunnies develop weakness in their hind end..especially their left side? I think. I'm no expert on EC but it sounds more and more like it. I'm sorry she has gotten worse :( I'd keep persisting if it was me, I think they generally get worse before they get better. One of the buns at the rescue I volunteer at developed head tilt, she wasn't rolling but her head was basically sideways at one point :cry: Took her a few weeks but you can't even tell it happened to her now. Whether or not that was EC I don't know but I'd think keeping going with treatment for a few weeks at least is worth it unless she is very distressed.

Sending lots of vibes her way )))))

Thanks, I don't think her leg problem is EC related I think it has locked due to severe arthritis :(