• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Dating

Dave81

Mama Doe
I let Fluffy and Jezebel meet Scooter and Jigsaw today, thought I best let them all know other rabbits are in the house.

I put a barrier up against part of the living room and opened the door to upstairs so Scooter and Jigsaw could come down. They were very cautious and shy, coming down then legging it back up.

Poor Scooter got bitten twice through the barrier I have created, nothing too bad from the looks of it just a warning shot.

Anyway my prediction for bonding in the coming weeks are that Fluffy is going to want to be the boss.

Jezebel wasn't bothered about the other two, Jigsaw also didn't seem too bothered and Scooter did a lot of thumping.

The boys say they will keep Aunty Fluffers updated so she can pass on messages to their mommy September.

It's going to be a couple of weeks yet before I bond them, just wanted to make sure they know what's in the house so they can associate the smells and noise with each other

The boys say they will keep Aunty Fluffers updated so she can pass on messages to their mommy September.

It's going to be a couple of weeks yet before I bond them, just wanted to make sure they know what's in the house so they can associate the smells and noise with each other

:thumb: Thank you :D:wave:

The countdown begins, I should be finally bonding them all on Saturday and the following days. I was planning on Friday night but I think I'm going to work overtime the Saturday.

I'm not telling Fluffy this time as she decided to be ill the day before bonding last time.

God it seems an age since I planned to do this!!

Wishing you and the buns the very best of luck. I'll be thinking of you & willing it to go smoothly :wave:

They have been ok when meeting on rare occasions, a bit of nipping was attempted through the bars although I was expecting that.

I think they should all be fine after a couple of days, I'm going to be so nervous whilst they are investigating each other.

I'm planning on building my pen 3 squares by 2 to start with, I have those cube type things you can make into different things. Is that big enough to start with?

They have been ok when meeting on rare occasions, a bit of nipping was attempted through the bars although I was expecting that.

I think they should all be fine after a couple of days, I'm going to be so nervous whilst they are investigating each other.

I'm planning on building my pen 3 squares by 2 to start with, I have those cube type things you can make into different things. Is that big enough to start with?

I'm not familiar with the NIC cubes so can't say sorry but I think for bonding a group of four around 3ft-4ft square would be ok to begin with?

I'll be nervous too! Really hope they all get along and play nicely :D

Are you able to set up two pens next to one another and swap them over for a couple of days before hand?

I'm not familiar with the NIC cubes so can't say sorry but I think for bonding a group of four around 3ft-4ft square would be ok to begin with?

I'll be nervous too! Really hope they all get along and play nicely :D

Are you able to set up two pens next to one another and swap them over for a couple of days before hand?

I could set up 2 pens to put them in beforehand but based on past experience they went mental been locked up following a spay. I'm half thinking it would be more stressful them been shut in as pairs then shut in as a quad.

At least together as a quad they have other things to worry about :lol:

When I had Little Miss and BB in separate pens, I found they were biting at each other through the wire.
It doesnt mean theyre not gonna get on when you bond them, so Ive been assured.

Keep the space small, scatter food,nothing like a litter tray to become owned and dont move day and night!!:lol:

I havent got the guts to do a quad....Best of British!!xx

I could set up 2 pens to put them in beforehand but based on past experience they went mental been locked up following a spay. I'm half thinking it would be more stressful them been shut in as pairs then shut in as a quad.

At least together as a quad they have other things to worry about :lol:

I think it's really up to you :D Some folks do the swapping over thing for a day or two before hand - only for short periods of time though, no need to keep them in there for long - it just gives them a chance to get used to each others smells before the big intro ;)

I'd say if you have time it wouldn't do any harm :D

..or you can just go for it :lol:

I think I will be brave and go for it, they have seen each other and no doubt know the smells, the girls tryrushing upstairs to get a better look and the boys run down all the time to try and get in the living room :lol:

Back